Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Photos not synching

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

I have issues with 2 photos not getting synched properly. The first one doesn't get uploaded to the cloud, the other doesn't get downloaded to Lightroom Classic CC (latest version). How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks, Lars

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

Sorry that some of your images are not syncing properly.

Could you please check the status of the image in Preferences> Lightroom Sync menu?

Also, refer the steps mentioned in this article Problem syncing photos with Lightroom mobile and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash.

The synch menu actually called my attention. See screenshot below (German UI).

I am using Lightroom Classic CC version 7.3.1, so the article you have mentioned doesn't apply I guess.

Thanks,

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of precautionary troubleshooting steps from the above article you may try:

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Akash. I followed the troubleshooting steps without success. Please note that synching generally works fine except for these 2 files. My question remains: how can I troubleshoot this situation?

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

We need to get rid of these 2 files from Lightroom catalog and then see whether they are corrupt or just not linked properly to the catalog.

Please refer the location of the files in Lightroom Sync menu and delete them within Lightroom(if that is possible)

They might be in a collection or you can find them using the in app search.

Let us know if that is possible.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could delete the photo that couldn't be uploaded. After having reimported it this error seems to be fixed.

However, the second photo that cannot be downloaded seems not exists at all, neither on the mobile client nor the desktop client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I could "delete" the non-existing photo in the web client. Not sure hat type of entry this was. No picture, just meta-information. The error message in the desktop client now also has disappeared.

What worries me is the fact that I don't know what went wrong with these 2 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those could very well be a corrupt image not being scanned. I believe that when you checked Lr web, they were also updated on desktop.

Are you able to sync files normally now?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Files were already synching normally, but I had error messages for these 2 specific photos.

The one that couldn't be uploaded was for sure not corrupt, I could view it on the desktop.

The other one indeed might have been corrupt for whatever reason.

Thanks for your prompt help, Akash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines