Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Password policy with error message

Level 2

I would like to add a password policy with a descriptive error message in AEM 6.2.

So far, I've tried using the AuthorizableActionProvider which works to control password creation/change but the error message when a new password fails validation is hardcoded and not friendly or helpful ("ERROR: Something went wrong while changing the user's password").

I then tried using a Client Library using JavaScript as described here​​ but it does not work, possibly because this was written for 6.1 and the forms nodes changed.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

7 Replies

Level 2

smacdonald2008​: The reference you gave refers to the links I mentioned already.  It does not work in 6.2, or the description is incomplete for the Touch UI JavaScript client lib.

Level 2

smacdonald2008​: I've probably made my question confusing.  I have regex validation working.  What's not working is a descriptive error message when an invalid password is entered.  It just says: "ERROR: Something went wrong while changing the user's password" and it would be better to say "ERROR: Your password needs uppercase and lowercase letters, digits and symbols." or something like that.  It's this message that I'm not able to change.

Level 2

Kunwar​: I tried exactly what's in that link (the 4 steps) but nothing happened - that's the second link in my question.  Maybe it doesn't work with 6.2 because of some changes since 6.1?

Level 2

Kunwar​: I also tried installing the package that's embedded in the link (touchui-enforce-password-policy.zip)

I'm using 6.2 SP1-CFP15