• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inbrowser editing problems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Muse to 2018.1. Running Win10.

First issue was after uploading new files and getting the old files missing/not found error. I was able to fix that an hour later.

Worst problem is that the upgrade apparently knocked out Inbrowser editing. I now get the error message when logging in:

The hostname or server address you specified is not publicly accessible. When you publish a site,specify an address that is publicly accessible from the internet.

This hostname, www.the-spar.com, is in fact accessible and available.

Any great ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Actually Muse was not the culprit, rather it was IBE.

What it took so long is because our engineers were unable to reproduce the issue for a long time.

But one they found that the root cause is in secured layer protocol we started digging in more.

Thereafter we found that some protocols were getting blocked by few hosting servers, and that was causing the issue.

We has to find out each of these blockers on all the different servers and get them white listed which was the main reason of delay.

Apologi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my side I get this error on all of your pages:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-01 um 23.29.04.png

You should fix this. You could search this error in this forum. There are quite a lot solvings. It depends on your system which way you´ll have to follow.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you got a tick in the allow inbrowser edits from Muse settings?

does iyfipgun block unknown users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your suggestions! You guys live in a faster world than I do. Sorry for the delay in getting back.

fotoreader - got that part cleared up. One of the suggestions was to delete all files on the web server and upload again. I deleted using Dreamweaver and uploaded again from Muse. No luck. Then I mucked it up with Dreamweaver and changed permissions on the root htdocs folder. Had to have my host fix it. But that took care of the error you saw.

Yes to the tick, Ussnorway, good idea. Am I the only one or why is it I can't edit site settings? You have to define a new site to get at them from what I've found. Anyhow, I just made a small edit and checked inbrowser editing again. Same error about not being accessible.

Kinda frustrating because it did work before the upgrade.

Thanks!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael,

Let me also try my suggestions here.

First of all, in the above commented you mentioned that there were some edits made in Dreamweaver and then you uploaded the site.

So was that uploaded through Dreamweaver of Muse internal FTP function?

Point to be noted here is IBE works only if the file is uploaded through Muse FTP.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your help!

Only used DW to delete files since you can't do that with Muse.

I used Muse to upload the new files.

I've updated the site several times now but IBE never works after the upgrade.

Thanks!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is an issue with the backend of IBE.

I suggest you open a ticket with - https://feedback.inbrowserediting.com/#contact-us.​

Let me know if you get any revert from them

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, Ankush! I just gave them the goods and I'll let you know what, if anything, happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did anything happen? Did you hear anything from the IBE team? Normally they do not react...at least not to me. And Muse team is always saying...contact IBE team. I was wondering if the IBE team exists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing! Problem persists. Thinking of rolling back to the previous version which worked.

Kinda sad that Muse is going away. Guess it's back to Dreamweaver.

Thanks  for checking in!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Sorry for a late response, however, our team was already investigating on this issue and  currently we have come up with one possibility.

We are testing this case so your help will be a boost for us in solving the issue.

Please try get the access of muse_manifest.xml from your host control panel and try login to the FTP address mentioned in there.

Let us know if works out for you.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the FTP address mentioned in the muse_manifest.xml is the same as we type into the FTP server field when trying to connect. So why should it work this time?

In my case it does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

My clients are also having the same problem, discovered to them as of June 11th.

I can sign into in browser editing from my end on PC and login to my clients site, bandb228.com no problem.

This website has not been touched from my end in a long time, probably close to a year.  So it's frustrating that it has suddenly stopped working for them.

Clients are operating OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.8. Typically with Safari, but they also have Chrome as well.

When my clients sign in, they have no access with the same error message as the original topic "The hostname or server address you specified is not publicly accessible. When you publish a site,specify an address that is publicly accessible from the internet.".

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice...leave Muse. The software sucks + hopeless helpdesk.

I 'm experiencing several huge problems also yours. Helpdesk told me it was a third party widget what was the cause of an error. They adviced to delete all pages and all master pages. They noticed when they did this with the file (I send them already 3 times)...the error would be gone. 🙂 🙂 🙂 never heard such a joke before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this issue once with chrome as well which lays on the sde from chrome and maybe safari, as mentioned.

At that time i was able to workaround firefox instead with no hazzle.

Using MacOS 10.12.6.

Client with PC was also able to sign in again using firefox instead of chrome.

ankushr40215001​, what exactly is the issue, what the team is looking for?

Best Regards and thanks in advance,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly today one client called me with the same error no matter which browser is used.

So let me ask again: ankushr40215001, what exactly is the issue, what the team is looking for?

Let me add, that the client made some changes for overall client settings at 1&1 but not for the ftp-settings.

I try to check these days from hosting side, if there´s an issue as well.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I went to the client account settings at 1&1 – ftp set up – used the username and set as the new password THE SAME PASSWORD as before – ENTER.

Now I am able from chrome and firefox to login into the IBE as expected.

Maybe in my case, there happened a hickup, maybe the client changed PW for clientside login at 1&1, which has normally nothing to do with the ftps ettings, but hey, who knows.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone facing the issues with IBE login.

Our Muse engineering team in collaboration IBE team has rolled out a fix internally.

You guys should be able to login as with your regular FTP credentials.

Please verify if its from your end as well so we can update our teams accordingly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is officially fixed on my end!! Took 3 months but so thankful I can finally tell my client something positive! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the fix intermally? How might this fix come to our Muse?

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Muse was not the culprit, rather it was IBE.

What it took so long is because our engineers were unable to reproduce the issue for a long time.

But one they found that the root cause is in secured layer protocol we started digging in more.

Thereafter we found that some protocols were getting blocked by few hosting servers, and that was causing the issue.

We has to find out each of these blockers on all the different servers and get them white listed which was the main reason of delay.

Apologies for that.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I thought, I fixed it unintentionally by reset the username and pw at the clients account at 1&1.

Great anyway to let us have happy clients again.

Thanks and best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Ankush! Works like a champ now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

Thank you! My clients operating with their Mac system now have full access!

Rachelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I've had only one client with this same issue and I've been trying to get it resolved for almost 3 months now. The IBE team pretty much seems to be an illusion. No one there ever replies to the tickets and Adobe always says they're a separate entity. This has been the MOST unprofessional experience I've had with Adobe other then them discontinuing Muse. I've spoken with supervisors and everyone says I'll get an answer in 24 to 48 hours.

I seem to finally have their attention after 3 months of this and they finally suggested turning off the SSH (secure shell) on the Godaddy side. Well, that was on and now shut off but still can't login and the same message as Griswold.

I've lost numerous hours on this mess and have had to edit my clients website for free to make up for her not being able to login. If anyone has any answers to this issue ASAP... it would be deeply appreciated. I'm literally at a point of considering seeking legal advice for all the time I've lost on this as well as having invested my entire business model around Adobe Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines