• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please use external drive name instead of letter

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a request to Adobe.  It should be simple enough to implement and would save lots of time and frustration on the user side.  I keep my photos on an external drive.  I assigned the drive a 'permanent' drive letter, but windows doesn't honor that; it changes the drive letter nearly every restart.  Since Lightroom Classic CC apparently looks only at the drive letter, this means that nearly every time I restart I must redirect the catalog to the current drive letter.  this is a pain in the neck!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you assigning the drive a letter near the end of the alphabet (W X Y Z)?

Anyway, we are not Adobe, we are just other Lightroom users in this forum, this is not the forum for feature suggestions as we can't make these changes.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the link?  I saw that page once this morning, but can't find it now. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is in the post I shared above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I click that link:

Temp.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot shows the correct forum for Feature Requests and Bug Reports.  You need to sign in though (see top right corner)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feedback forum (Bugs and Feature Requests) is best place to share your thoughts Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines