• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bookmarks

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to determine why this image sometimes comes up when creating .pdfs in the bookmarks. Adobe Bookmark.JPG

It's sometimes on all of the bookmarks while other times only on a few. When it appears, you have to delete it or you're unable

to do anything else with that particular set of bookmarks. So, I guess my questions are, 1. Why does it appear? 2. How do you stop

it from auto creating? This is on Windows 7 and 10. Adobe Pro DC Version 2018.011.20040

Thanks ahead of time.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I convert MS word/excel files to .pdf or dicom images and combine them to make a single .pdf. At my place of employment we use Adobe Pro DC to function paperless so, the files can truly come in any format (i.e., Outlook email, converted webpages, etc.). However, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason the bookmarks sometimes show differently then others. There is another example to illustrate what I am experiencing:

Adobe Bookmarks.JPG

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Updating various files becomes cumbersome  due to the bookmarks with the unique markings because they must be deleted and recreated in order to create additional expandable/retractable bookmarks under them.

I look forward to response and thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Respectfully,

Mike H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarks can have different icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand that bookmarks can be different, the ones I've mentioned above don't allow the creation of any additional bookmarks to be added. They must be deleted, recreated, then and only then am I able to create expandable/retractable bookmarks under those views. After deleting/recreating them, the "different icon" no longer exists. The different appearance seems to include a unique formatting that in essence locks down that particular bookmark so nothing can be added to it until it's deletion/recreation.

My staff of 52 people intermittently have this issue throughout there work day. The different icon is not just a look, it is indeed some type of formatting issue that I (we) would like to understand more about so we can keep it from happening.

Please research the issue as I am unable to find any resemblance of this different icon in the Adobe Acrobat DC Help guide published by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your honesty,

I've actually spoken with Adobe over the phone and provided them access (screen sharing) with my computer so they could understand what I was attempting to articulate. Three supervisors later and the answer remained the same, "I haven't seen anything like this." However, it is clearly something intentional that Adobe has added (was not an issue with Adobe Pro XI) to Pro DC that I cannot seem to get an answer/information on.

I hope that someone sees this inquiry and is able to assist me and/or provide me information about the difference in icons and how/why they are created so I can stop it from happening and assist my staff moving forward.

Again, I thank you for your time and honesty in the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this free tool I've developed that converts the bookmarks' types:

http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/09/batch-change-bookmarks-type.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines