Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange result exporting PAL.avi to h.264

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

following "story": when I export some PAL footage (.avi, 720x576) to h.264 (as I did in 2017 with similar files) I get a flickering file. This flickering doesn't change even when I switch between export setttings "upper field first/ lower field first" - if I export to uncompressed .avi I don't see any flickering (actually can't check if upper/ lower was selected for final result but I can remember selection had an effect). Additional information: I use Neat Video as (only) third party filter...

Any suggestions?

Best regards, Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank - Can you include a screenshot of all the video export settings when you export to a .MP4? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PAL dv avi should read lower field in the sequence settings and the

export settings should read progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I spend some more time with the settings for this project and finally found the "bug": in sequence/ sequence settings/ video -> lower field first is set. If I do switch to upper field first I get a correct rendered file.

"Bug"? No, it's not but somehow export settings should be really linkend to footage's properties. If the sequence setttings are different there's no hint at all... - maybe I'm just less professional...  🙂

Thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Right-click your video clip in Project Bin and select New Sequence from Clip. This should create a Sequence with settings that match the video clip. Then as Ann stated, export with NO FIELDS/PROGRESSIVE, for the reason that computer screens are progressive and interlaced footage will not look good. Applies to any clip you are creating for YouTube/website, or any kind of computer or portable device viewing, export as progressive always.

You might keep file interlaced when destined for DVD or Blu-ray, otherwise Progressive is usually the way to go.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post screenshot of clip in Mediainfo in treeview:

MediaInfo windows

MediaInfo Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines