Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro: Brush tip randomly disappears

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I've been drawing with my Surface Pro 2017 for a while now, and sometimes for no reason the brush tip (you know, that little preview thing) keeps disappearing while using the Pen. My keyboard is never attached, so me accidentally pressing capslock can't be the problem. Even after connecting the keyboard and pressing caps a few times this problem is still there.

Usually restarting Photoshop fixed this issue, but not today. When using a mouse the brush tip is in fact there, so this problem only occurs with the Surface Pen.

I even tried messing with the preferences but nothing helps...

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I am using both the newest versions of Windows 10 and Photoshop CC. I kind of fixed the issue by turning on "Show cursor" in the Pen & Windows Ink configurations, which will take some time to get used to I guess...

Other than that I tried turning off "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" but that didn't do much.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you may be using Windows 10 and Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.4.  How do you have your Windows 10 Pen and Touch configured? Windows 10 INK support can change the brush cursor.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I am using both the newest versions of Windows 10 and Photoshop CC. I kind of fixed the issue by turning on "Show cursor" in the Pen & Windows Ink configurations, which will take some time to get used to I guess...

Other than that I tried turning off "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" but that didn't do much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines