• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Files Metadata

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it's been asked but i'm here to do it again....

Tagging, descriptions, locations, keywords, etc... Bridge has a beautiful tool just for this; the "metadata panel". It works like a dream. Simply type in your info in the provided boxes and bam, perfectly logged footage across all Adobe platforms. That is until you search this metadata in "Finder" on Mac and realize those countless hours you spent logging are nowhere to be found outside of Adobe programs. So when I want to do a quick search for a video tagged with keyword "alaska" in Finder, nothing come up.

Now! To contradict all this, when working with images such as JPG, you alter the metadata (description, keywords, etc) and instantly the metadata is synced with finder and I can search these files outside of Adobe. So my theory is that the videos files (.MP4, .MOV .R3D) don't support these tags or maybe finder just doesn't look for them even though they are there.

So.... How can we do this? How can we tag a video in Adobe and have it searchable in Finder?

Here's an excerpt from another Adobe user with the same issue...

"I have tons of .mov files that I've transcoded and added metadata to (i.e. Location, keywords, show name), but when I go to search for their metadata in finder, NOTHING comes up. I added an .XMP file, which then shows up in Finder when I search using keywords, but I need the .MOV file to show up as well in Finder..."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines