• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR Comp Editor window panel can't show all "edits"

New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on version 15.1.1 the UI panel does not scroll down to show all edits. I read it is a bug that will be fixed.

In the meantime, HOW CAN I ACCESS TO "properties" of the linked VRcomps to stabilize/track and above all REFRESH the "Output/render"??

Appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

You are correct that the original composer script panel as well as the VR Comp Editor panel do not scroll, even as you add new edits.  This is a known limitation that we are trying to address, though as of this writing the fixes we have tried so far cause other serious bugs.  But the bug is still under active investigation, so please stay tuned.

Meanwhile, that is a very innovative workaround you discovered and documented above!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, I found a way:

1 - I rename (action that breaks the linked expressions between VR comps) the comp, then it disappears from the VR-UI panel, leaving space for other VR comps.

2 - In case I need more actions in that comp, I rename it as it was, and woilà, it pos up in the panel again!

ps. need more check to discover if it works with several 3dplugin

Anyway ADOBE, please fix the bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that you have to rename a folder or composition that contains the parentheses. But yeah, it works. I hope they have a fix soon! Even in CC 2019 it's still a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  I was sincerely hoping to have some better news on this thread in the last release.  I also should have checked back in on this thread when the bug got deferred again.  I apologize to have you all waiting in vain for a fix that never came.  We still haven't forgotten about this limitation of the comp editor, and I will continue to poke the teams with the knowledge that customers are still working around it.  At this time I cannot update any promise about when a fix or a better workflow will be available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! still no solution to this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ISTG how you ppl are still in business? This is jarring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 4 years we can not call this bug  investigation very active, can we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that the original composer script panel as well as the VR Comp Editor panel do not scroll, even as you add new edits.  This is a known limitation that we are trying to address, though as of this writing the fixes we have tried so far cause other serious bugs.  But the bug is still under active investigation, so please stay tuned.

Meanwhile, that is a very innovative workaround you discovered and documented above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! the problem persists, or am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not wrong -- the VR Comp Editor panel is an embedded script UI panel that does not currently support scrolling, but we're working on making it support scrolling.  I hope to have some good news soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!! no news on this? still can't believe that something as simple (and necessary) as this is still unresolved? pitiful for Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Are you still trying to adress the problem ? 4 years later we are still waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell? It's 2023 and the bug is still there. I mean, how do you expect people (customers) to work like this? The fact this bug even exist so amateurish. Imagine saying to your client 'sorry but I can't deliver your video any faster because there is a bug in the program I'm using where I can't scroll the f down"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has it changed something about it or we are still waiting in vain? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the problem today, so yes we are still waiting in vain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple workaround for this problem:

- As you can see in picture 1, I have a lot of folders with VR footage in them. Make sure all your VR compositions from 1 file are in 1 folder.

- If you want to see your footage that is all the way at the bottom of your project window in the VR Comp Editor, just add an '*' to the filename of your folder. ( picture 2)

- That's it, just remove or add '*' to your folder name and your footage will appear on top in the VR Comp Editor.

None of your links will break if you put the together in the right folder.

VR comp editor fix.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I can't understand how Adobe has not EVEN found a simpler solution to this matter. I consider it an important topic in my daily work.

Thank you @ellen Andries for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution on this? I see it's been on the radar for a couple of years now, but here in Feb. 2020 I'm still having the no-scrolling-allowed-in-the-VR-comp-editor-panel issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify the workaround solution, the folder you want to rename is any of the "(VR Output)" folders from a comp you're no longer working with. Also, in my case, I had to make sure the VR Comp Editor panel was closed before I renamed the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love a fix to this, working on a multi room VR Gallery in NYC!

Loads of comps 😉 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing??? I've just run into this and it a HUGE PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its the end of 2020 and still no fix for the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.5 years later..  we still can't scroll. This is getting dumb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2022... and no news on this? still can't believe that something as simple (and necessary) as this is still unresolved? pitiful for Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jep, still waiting. This is getting old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines