• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Keep the Tools Pane from Always Opening by Default

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a document in Acrobat Pro DC, the Tools Pane on the right side of the page opens along with the document.  How can I prevent this from occurring?  I have tried a forum hint of checking the preferences box in the documents section that reads "Restore last view settings . . ." hiding the Tools Pane and quitting Acrobat, but that doesn't work.

Any help?

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

I just went through the release notes of the updates for the continuous track and found this:

Acrobat DC July 2015 release:

Retain the last RHP state across Acrobat launches
When you launch Acrobat DC, it now retains the last state (collapsed or open) of the tools in the RHP.

This is from What's new in 2015 releases of Adobe Acrobat DC

This verifies that you do not have access to this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat do you have exactly? You can find the version number on the "About" screen. In my case, I am running 2018.011.20040, and in my case, when I hide the right hand pane, close Acrobat and re-open it, the pane remains hidden. If I remember correctly, this is a feature that was added with a patch after the original release of DC. This means that if you are running the non-subscription version, you may not have access to this change. Regardless of which version you are running, make sure that you are running the latest version by using "Check for updates" in Acrobat's Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 2015.006.30418.  I am running the the Classic version, and the update feature tells me there are no further updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went through the release notes of the updates for the continuous track and found this:

Acrobat DC July 2015 release:

Retain the last RHP state across Acrobat launches
When you launch Acrobat DC, it now retains the last state (collapsed or open) of the tools in the RHP.

This is from What's new in 2015 releases of Adobe Acrobat DC

This verifies that you do not have access to this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines