Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate Illustrator CS6

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I purchased an Illustrator license via my University. I installed the program, typed in the serial number while installation and also my Adobe ID Email adress. After the installation was done, it was asking me to activate the program/license via my Adobe ID account. I clicked the link, but in my account, there appears to be no programm listed.

I tried to type in the serial number manually, but then it says, that I should type in a valid serial number (but obviously it did work while installation and the number is valid since the university purchased this product) . Also, when I start the programm, there is always a message that I should activate the programm, but when I click it, there's nothing in my account. I uninstalled the program and tried everything again, but it still does not work. Is the program activated already or if not how can I do so?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the serial number when installing activates it.  if it weren't activated you would see a trial message with number of trial days remaining before purchase is necessary.

are you sure you're not being asked to register (not activate).  that would make more sense, is unnecessary and is probably not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double checked now, it's asking for activation and not registration. Furthermore the program should be listed in my account, which it is not. Also, activation via the Adobe ID is the last task of my installation manual, so I think it is required somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a subscription for any adobe programs?

if not, have you in the past had a subscription installed on the problematic computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Adobe Reader and the usual free software, e.g. adobe flash player. But otherwise not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines