• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Current Page Number" Option Duplicating Even Numbers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted a special character option to use the "current page number" on my master pages. I have three master pages with this rule applied, and my 64 page booklet has the master pages applied accordingly. I made SURE several times it says "CURRENT page number" and it is set up properly. However, InDesign is making my pages duplicate, and making them all even numbers. So instead of page 6, 7, 8 and 9, etc., it's 6, 6, 8, 8, 10, 10... and so on.

Does anyone have insight who has experienced this? Have I done this so many times that I'm having a dumb moment and missing something obvious? I've never experienced this.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as this is for my job and I'm trying to crank this out by EOD.

Thanks,

Darby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

First thing I can think of...

Presuming your master pages are two-page spreads, does the frame containing the page number cross or touch the spine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I can think of...

Presuming your master pages are two-page spreads, does the frame containing the page number cross or touch the spine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't believe that my text frame was touching the other page and I didn't realize it. Thanks SO much! Such a simple thing I overlooked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines