• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove sections from custom tools in Acrobat

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating some custom tool sets in Acrobat. I've created sections to divide the tools within the set, but now I want to remove one of the sections. I can delete items from the section, but there is no option to delete the section itself. In the attached example I want to remove the section PitStop View, but as you can see the trash can is greyed out. Is this possible or do I have to rebuild my entire tool set just to remove an unneeded section? Thanks for any Tips!

Acrobat custom tools.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the section label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat custom tools.jpgHi Bernd,

I tried that, but even with the label selected, the trash can icon is still grayed out for some reason. I did find that I could export the tool set, open the exported .aaui file in Text Edit, remove the lines of text corresponding to the section label then save and reimport the tool set and that did the trick, but can't seem to figure out why I can't just remove it in Acrobat. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be issue of Acrobat on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have to expand an empty section in order to be able to delete it. At least that's how it works for me with Acrobat DC on macOS Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Sounds like we are on the same setup, but unfortunately, even with the section expanded, it still doesn't allow me to delete it.

Thanks!

ExpandedSection.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats your exact version number that  "About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC" displays? Mine is 2018.011.20040. Chances are you are running into a bug, and you may want to report it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running 2017, so perhaps it is an old issue that was resolved in the 2018 update? For now I'll just use the workaround I found for editing the .aaui file and when we update see if it resolves itself. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines