• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light room classic CC crashes printer

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have a canon Selphy CP1200 printer which i usually use the native canon mobile app to print with and have recently started using it with Lightroom classic CC.

Ive never had a problem using it on the native canon app connected thru wifi but i have never been fond of the default border size it gives me so i started using it in lightroom print module and it works a charm due to the fact i can change border sizes and do a few other tweaks but unfortunately when it comes to printing i can print a maximum of 2 photos and then it stalls and even manages to shut down my printer.

i have wasted alot of photo paper and ink cartridges trying to figure it out with no avail.

i went back to using the canon app and it still works normally and can let me queue up and print all my photos fine without crashing the printer which has led me to the conclusion that lightroom is doing something.

all my drivers/firmware are up-to-date for both my macbook pro 2015 and printer.

any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Hi idreesd73913919,

Sorry about the delay in our response and that your printer is crashing while printing images in Lightroom Classic CC.

Generally, it is not possible for any application to shut down the printer, apps will crash if the printer driver is outdated or corrupt. This might be the case here when you're trying to print from Lightroom Classic CC your printer drivers are causing Lightroom to stall. You may refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article Troubleshoot Photoshop printing problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi idreesd73913919,

Sorry about the delay in our response and that your printer is crashing while printing images in Lightroom Classic CC.

Generally, it is not possible for any application to shut down the printer, apps will crash if the printer driver is outdated or corrupt. This might be the case here when you're trying to print from Lightroom Classic CC your printer drivers are causing Lightroom to stall. You may refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article Troubleshoot Photoshop printing problems (linked to general steps applicable for all apps)

Which version of Lightroom Classic CC are you using and have you tried installing a previous version of printer driver or have updated them to the latest version if not using the latest drivers?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines