• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faint keylines around picture boxes displaying in PDF

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign(CC) document with cutouts which I have placed in the file as PSD files.

The cutouts have a drop shadow on, and in some cases text with a glow effect.

The problem I am having is that I am trying to create a PDF to be viewed on screen only:

I've tried:

InDesign Adobe PDF presets - [Smallest files size]

Postscript file - Distiller [Standard]

Both with the same results still with faint keylines stitching appearing around some (not all) of the picture boxes.

I can turn them off using the Preferences - Smoothing Line Art and my Use Overprint Preview is set to Always however once the PDF has been emailed to someone else they are still seeing the keylines.

My question is I guess is how can I generate a PDF without the keyline problem, is there a setting somewhere that I've missed, or is there anything else I can try?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to InDesign]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes effects like InDesign drop shadows and outer glow can be a problem when creating a pdf. Try the High Quality setting when exporting the pdf from InDesign. If that doesn't work then try exporting the file as a jpeg and opening that jpeg in Photoshop (open it with 300 ppi resolution and rasterize it). Then save the Photoshop file as a Photoshop pdf. You should try both the smallest file size and high quality settings for the Photoshop pdf and use what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to saving as PDF from Photoshop if you have Photoshop content placed. But if not, it would be better to show us some screenshots so we can see what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cutouts have a drop shadow on, and in some cases text with a glow effect.

What you are describing sounds like transparency stitching which is a screen artifact that can happen when you flatten transparency on export. Distiller always flattens transparency. So make sure you've set the Compatibility drop down to Acrobat 5 or higher and the transparency will not be flattened. If you are sure the export was to Acrobat 5+, show a capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines