• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer always shows thumbnails and I want fully zoomed size

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop Elements 2018 on a Windows 10 laptop.  I import my photos into the Organizer.  It shows Media as thumbnails.  Here is what I want:  Let's say I am going to work on photo file number 250 out of 600.  I've selected that file.  I want to move the Zoom slider all the way to the right in the Organizer, click on the Editor icon at the bottom of the Organizer screen, edit the RAW image, save the TIFF or JPEG in the Editor, and come back into the Organizer to see the same photo file #250 as before and with the Zoom slider still all the way to the right.  Now, I always return to the Organizer showing thumbnails, and it is very frustrating to have to scroll from photo file 1 down to the 250th or whatever file, wherever I left off editing.  What gets me is sometimes, Elements does exactly what I want, but I can't figure out how to make it happen all the time. Thank you for your assistance.  Margaret Zabor 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

I am wondering if you can check something else. When you are done editing and in the process of saving as a JPEG, for example, the dialog box is up where you name you file, and choose the file type...there is a box in the bottom left that you can check to "include in Elements Organizer". It makes me wonder if that is possibly not checked? I am just trying to look for things when i do the same thing because i too have had similar frustration. I fear if the box is not checked, it may not be bringi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Margaret+Zabor  wrote

I use Photoshop Elements 2018 on a Windows 10 laptop.  I import my photos into the Organizer.  It shows Media as thumbnails.  Here is what I want:  Let's say I am going to work on photo file number 250 out of 600.  I've selected that file.  I want to move the Zoom slider all the way to the right in the Organizer, click on the Editor icon at the bottom of the Organizer screen, edit the RAW image, save the TIFF or JPEG in the Editor, and come back into the Organizer to see the same photo file #250 as before and with the Zoom slider still all the way to the right.

That's exactly how it works for me after I close the saved edited file.

Now, I always return to the Organizer showing thumbnails, and it is very frustrating to have to scroll from photo file 1 down to the 250th or whatever file, wherever I left off editing.  What gets me is sometimes, Elements does exactly what I want, but I can't figure out how to make it happen all the time. Thank you for your assistance.

Are you sure you always close the file in the editor before jumping back to the organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i am understanding your question correctly, this was a frustration i also had and felt very silly when i figured it out. When you are on the organizer page that is showing all the thumbnails, look to your lower right and there is a slider for zoom. If you have the zoomed all the way in, it shows the photos large and 1 at a time and when you are done editing it, it brings you back to the organizer, still showing that photo only, and large. If you want to go back to thumbnail or show a few at a time, just adjust that slider! Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.  I just tried again (twice) and made absolutely sure that the Zoom slider on the lower right was all the way to the right of the slider, showing photos 1 at a time and numbers at the top (like "1 of 625") in the Organizer.  I edited the photo file I wanted, and I saved and then closed the file in the Editor.  The Organizer then showed me all files as thumbnails again. So I restored the Organizer to all its default settings. Then I moved the Organizer Zoom slider all the way to the right.  I scrolled through the images to select the one photo file I wanted to edit. I clicked on the Editor icon on the bottom left of the Organizer screen.  I edited the RAW photo file, saved it as either JPEG or TIFF (not as PSD), and closed the file in the Editor.  Then I clicked on the Organizer icon.  I saw all the files in the folder in thumbnail view. I still have not figured out how to make Elements show me the Media files in the Organizer in all-zoomed-in format after I close a file in the Editor.  

On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 4:10:46 PM EDT, amandaandrews12 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by amandaandrews12 in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

If i am understanding your question correctly, this was a frustration i also had and felt very silly when i figured it out. When you are on the organizer page that is showing all the thumbnails, look to your lower right and there is a slider for zoom. If you have the zoomed all the way in, it shows the photos large and 1 at a time and when you are done editing it, it brings you back to the organizer, still showing that photo only, and large. If you want to go back to thumbnail or show a few at a time, just adjust that slider! Hope that helps.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10445598#10445598 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10445598#10445598

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if you can check something else. When you are done editing and in the process of saving as a JPEG, for example, the dialog box is up where you name you file, and choose the file type...there is a box in the bottom left that you can check to "include in Elements Organizer". It makes me wonder if that is possibly not checked? I am just trying to look for things when i do the same thing because i too have had similar frustration. I fear if the box is not checked, it may not be bringing you back to the file you just saved. Maybe??? Let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it!  Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.  Margaret

On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 5:45:51 PM EDT, amandaandrews12 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by amandaandrews12 in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

I am wondering if you can check something else. When you are done editing and in the process of saving as a JPEG, for example, the dialog box is up where you name you file, and choose the file type...there is a box in the bottom left that you can check to "include in Elements Organizer". It makes me wonder if that is possibly not checked? I am just trying to look for things when i do the same thing because i too have had similar frustration. I fear if the box is not checked, it may not be bringing you back to the file you just saved. Maybe??? Let me know!

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10445810#10445810 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10445810#10445810

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN APE 2019 in Organizer, Thumbnail Zoom Slider independently moves up or down and can not be controlled. This renders the whole Adobe PhotoShop Elements worthless to me. Resetting defaults had no effect on this glitch. Please, I need help with this unworkable flaw in a new product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dflash  wrote

IN APE 2019 in Organizer, Thumbnail Zoom Slider independently moves up or down and can not be controlled.

Sorry, I don't understand.

What are you trying to do, and what happens for you?

That has apparently nothing to do with the original subject of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.  I just tried again (twice) and made absolutely sure that the Zoom slider on the lower right was all the way to the right of the slider, showing photos 1 at a time and numbers at the top (like "1 of 625") in the Organizer.  I edited the photo file I wanted, and I saved and then closed the file in the Editor.  The Organizer then showed me all files as thumbnails again. So I restored the Organizer to all its default settings. Then I moved the Organizer Zoom slider all the way to the right.  I scrolled through the images to select the one photo file I wanted to edit. I clicked on the Editor icon on the bottom left of the Organizer screen.  I edited the RAW photo file, saved it as either JPEG or TIFF (not as PSD), and closed the file in the Editor.  Then I clicked on the Organizer icon.  I saw all the files in the folder in thumbnail view. I still have not figured out how to make Elements show me the Media files in the Organizer in all-zoomed-in format after I close a file in the Editor.  

On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 12:14:28 PM EDT, MichelBParis <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by MichelBParis in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Margaret+Zabor  wrote

I use Photoshop Elements 2018 on a Windows 10 laptop.  I import my photos into the Organizer.  It shows Media as thumbnails.  Here is what I want:  Let's say I am going to work on photo file number 250 out of 600.  I've selected that file.  I want to move the Zoom slider all the way to the right in the Organizer, click on the Editor icon at the bottom of the Organizer screen, edit the RAW image, save the TIFF or JPEG in the Editor, and come back into the Organizer to see the same photo file #250 as before and with the Zoom slider still all the way to the right.

That's exactly how it works for me after I close the saved edited file.

Now, I always return to the Organizer showing thumbnails, and it is very frustrating to have to scroll from photo file 1 down to the 250th or whatever file, wherever I left off editing.  What gets me is sometimes, Elements does exactly what I want, but I can't figure out how to make it happen all the time. Thank you for your assistance.

Are you sure you always close the file in the editor before jumping back to the organizer?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10445220#10445220 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10445220#10445220

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can't reproduce the behaviour you are having, I am afraid you are in the same situation than some users in recent years. There were complaints about the focus of thumbnails being lost after editing or leaving full screen (F11) viewing. I don't remember any real explanation being found. I don't think the issue is specific to PSE 2018.

My only advice would be to reset your preferences. Menu Edit >> Preferences >> General, button 'reset defaut settings'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a problem of not including the edited image in the Organizer set when saving.  Fixed now!  Thank you so much for your help!

On Friday, June 15, 2018, 2:41:04 AM EDT, MichelBParis <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by MichelBParis in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

Since I can't reproduce the behaviour you are having, I am afraid you are in the same situation than some users in recent years. There were complaints about the focus of thumbnails being lost after editing or leaving full screen (F11) viewing. I don't remember any real explanation being found. I don't think the issue is specific to PSE 2018.

My only advice would be to reset your preferences. Menu Edit >> Preferences >> General, button 'reset defaut settings'.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10446332#10446332 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10446332#10446332

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines