• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing margins

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 100+ page document and have decided that it really need a larger margin on the bottom. I have one master, which is applied to all pages. I changed the margin on it. But the text frames (there is one per page) overhang it:

Screenshot 2018-06-14 09.23.41.png

How do I resize them all to fit within the new margin?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Hi Marie:

You want to go back to Ariel's answer—activate Enable Layout Adjustments before you change the margins. At this point, restore the original margins on A-Master so that you are back at square 1. Then, still on the A-Master, choose Layout > Margins & Columns:

1. Enable Layout Adjustments first, then increase the bottom margin.
    Screenshot 2018-06-14 14.06.35.png
  2. You can see the text frames adjusting on the body pages.
    Screenshot 2018-06-14 14.07.02.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that Layout Adjustment is enabled.

Provided your text frames are sitting on the margin before the adjustment, with layout adjustment enabled, when you change the margins on the master page, all text frames should adjust accordingly.

To get to Layout Adjustment: Layout > Liquid Layout > (from the flyout menu of the Liquid Layout panel) Layout Adjustment

HTH,

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all that, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but it does work like that. So we've got to figure out what's different in your file.

What is the name of the master page that is applied to your pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 1 master - A-Master. It is applied to all pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that text frame is not sitting on top of the new margin. you need to adjust that in the master

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any text frames in the Master. They were all created when I placed a long Word manuscript on Day 1 of this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jonathan mentioned, you not only have to adjust your Margins on the Master Page, you have the Master Text Frames (Primary Text Frames) to snap to those Margins on the Masters as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any text frames in the Master. The text frames on the pages were all created automatically when I placed a long Word manuscript on Day 1 of this project.

So do I need to add Master/Primary Text frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Text Frames were added automatically, you have Master Text frames.

In the Pages panel, double-click on the Master Page. In the Master adjust the Frames to the Margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still confused. Here is a screenshot of my master pages. No text frames there!

Screenshot 2018-06-14 12.26.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marie:

You want to go back to Ariel's answer—activate Enable Layout Adjustments before you change the margins. At this point, restore the original margins on A-Master so that you are back at square 1. Then, still on the A-Master, choose Layout > Margins & Columns:

1. Enable Layout Adjustments first, then increase the bottom margin.
    Screenshot 2018-06-14 14.06.35.png
  2. You can see the text frames adjusting on the body pages.
    Screenshot 2018-06-14 14.07.02.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines