• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Youtube widget autoplay function doesn't work

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a website in Adobe Muse, "www.erikruiz.com," on the home page I used the Youtube widget with the autoplay option "on." Before it would autoplay it perfectly whenever you open the website, now you have to click the play button in order to start playing it. I don't know what happened but before used to work perfectly. I have other websites that I uploaded with this function and all of this aren't working anymore.

I want to know why it is not working anymore.

please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Hey Erik,

See this thread - Site with Embedded Webm Videos Not Playing in Chrome ​which might answer to your query.

It says that autoplay is disabled by most of the modern browsers especially Safari, however, they play fine without a need of pressing play button at my end in Chrome.

You may refer to this doc in order to enabling autoplay in Safari - Stop autoplay videos in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erik,

See this thread - Site with Embedded Webm Videos Not Playing in Chrome ​which might answer to your query.

It says that autoplay is disabled by most of the modern browsers especially Safari, however, they play fine without a need of pressing play button at my end in Chrome.

You may refer to this doc in order to enabling autoplay in Safari - Stop autoplay videos in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the autoplay works for me in Australia on Firefox... have to say the site is slow to load but on a desktop that isn't a massive issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Google the subject, you'll find more people prefer to disable autoplay.   And that's what most browsers are doing by default now.

OS = Windows 10.

I have to click to play video in Firefox & Chrome.  However, autoplay still works for me in MS Edge.

Autoplay Policy Changes  |  Web  |  Google Developers

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines