Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[BRANCHED] White Border when I export to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm still getting the white border even after I adjusted the mar and bleeds settings like you suggested. Could there be something wrong with my General settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched this to a new thread. Please post screenshots of your PDF export settings under marks and bleeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export settings.PNG

Here's a screen shot. From what I can tell, the settings are identical as you suggested, yet I am getting a white border when I export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for posting the screenshot.

Since you do not use document bleed settings and you did not change the values in Bleed you will not see any object in the bleed area which is identical with the trimmed area, the page.

Just tick Use Document Bleed Settings or change the values in Bleed from 0 to something reasonable. And that "reasonable" would be the values you set up your document with regarding bleed.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'm still confused. When I "export" the design file to a pdf print file, I get a white box in the top border. Attached is a screen shot of how the design file looks before I export and a screen shot of what it looks like after I export as a pdf print file. I'm assuming it has to do with my general settings? Not the bleed settings.

Indesign file.PNG

exported file.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that green a spot color and you exported to PDF/X1-a.

Export to X-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in Acrobat Pro or Adobe Reader with OSX or Windows go to the preferences.

Under Page Display check:

Show large images

Show art, trim & bleed boxes

Always show document page size

Then do a screenshot of the whole page and post it here.

When in Acrobat Pro DC go to Print Production and open "Set Page Boxes".

What are the values for TrimBox and BleedBox ?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ibhardt ,

in InDesign what are document settings for bleed?
Does any frame exceed the page area?

I guess the gray area around your screenshot taken from InDesign is showing the pasteboard.

Make sure that you did not ticked "Guides in Background" in Preferences > Guides and Pasteboard!

Now change the view from Preview to Bleed. You should be able to see bleed around your page.

A special guide, a black rectangle, should show you the page area. On top of any contents placed.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines