• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Indesign CC 2018 very slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Win10 OS. My Indesign is horribly slow for changing text, and nearly most any other function. What to do? I don't see a good answer here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a network? If so check with your network administrator to see if it has been updated to be compatible with Windows 10 and CC 2018 InDesign. Many times networks are deliberately not updated to accommodate virus protection and firewalls. A slow network can definitely cause the programs to run sluggishly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, no. I am on a stand-alone computer. No network. Have 16 Gb of RAM and loads of hard drive space. Computer is only a few months old.

Also one other funny thing. Say I want to change the word "Hill" to "Bill". I have to hit letter B twice before it will make the change. This happens all the time. It never seems to read the first time I hit a key. When I type anything the first letter is usually missing.

Only on Indesign, and none of my other Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in the Windows version of InDesign involving type not getting set on the first click that may be the problem here. Try unchecking the last item in the Advanced Type section of InDesign preferences (see screen shot). Do it while no document is open and then close InDesign for this to become the program default. Hopefully this will solve one of your problems.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 8.30.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Silbert  wrote

There is a bug in the Windows version of InDesign involving type not getting set on the first click that may be the problem here.…

Hi Bill,

there is also a fix for this bug with CC 2018.1 available.

You may disable your virus scanner temporarily on your machine when installing it:

First character is skipped while typing on Windows

Note: The fix is not distributed through the Adobe CC Desktop app.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue with Indesign CC, and the 2 second lag really grates after an 8 hour day. As you mention, it was mainly when editing text, but I also experienced it when I was selecting and moving objects.

Fortunately, I have found a resolution. Fingers crossed, I haven't experienced any lag since making this change:

Preferences > Interface. At the bottom of the box, under Options, drag the slider down to 'Better Performance'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines