• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you place a specific page of a pdf?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I place a pdf or drag and drop a pdf into my document it seems it will only show the first page of the pdf.

I am aware of the script PlaceMultipagePDF and that's great but I only need handful of specific pages. I'm dealing with a graphic novel and if I try to use that script it takes quite a while on my hardware. I have a dozen different pdfs I'm trying to pull pages from.

Is there a way to choose which page of the pdf you want to place?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Yes, check Import options in the place dialog, open and choose your page(s) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, check Import options in the place dialog, open and choose your page(s) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I never gave much attention to those check boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Remember that the Show Import Options is sticky - and it might start to annoy you if you don't need it every time.

You can shift-click the place button instead and it will open the import options for you.

Regards,

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But only when placing. If you'd like to call up the same dialog with a drag&drop operation, vote for this feature request: Show Import Options when Dragging File from Finder – Adobe InDesign Feedback

By the way: it used to be possible to drag a page out of Acrobat right into InDesign. I don't recall when it stopped working, though. It may have been after a Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also drag and drop into the Place dialog box and access the Import Options in either way as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines