• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facial Recognition

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running LR 6.13 for along time, but had not tried facial recognition, which I thought it had.  But I can not find it anywhere.

I thought LR 6 had facial recognition.  Does it?  or do i have to purchase LR Classic to get FR?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

All is working great now.

Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is silly, but I honestly don't remember. I never had Lightroom 6, only the Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC. However, if it's there, you can find it in the library module just above the film strip.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much.It's not there.

Since I wont pay for a Classic subscription, looks like I'll be looking for alternative software to LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's your choice. Everyone has to get what they need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was wrong, and I apologize. Check the drop-down in your identity plate. It should indicate whether or not facial recognition is paused or active. And in your catalog preferences you can choose whether or not to have Lightroom detect all faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While facial recognition can be enabled/paused it is very unlikely that this is the reason that OP doesn't see the Face icon/badge. The Face icon/badge is hard wired into the Toolbar and cannot be switched off. If the toolbar itself is visible in Library module and Face icon/badge is missing then first thing I'd do is reset the preference file as described in Method 1 of How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian, I will try to reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I reset the question as Unanswered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facial recognition is supported by Lr 6.x, Lr 2015.x and L Classic. You do NOT need to subscribe to Lr to use it. See right margin of linked Adobe Help document for versions that support face recognition Use Intelligent facial recognition in Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, you have made my day!! 

Just one more question... I tried to export a Face Tagged Photo, but could not find any EXIF / IPTC tag reflecting the Tagged Name.  When exporting JPGs, will LR make the recognized NAME tag part of the Keyword list, or other IPTC data?  Does it write it to a sidecar file?   What do I have to do to make that happen?

I could not find anything in Adobe Help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dieter345  wrote

I could not find anything in Adobe Help...

You may wish to read this Face image region data written according to XMP-mwg-rs, but NOT read by LR.  John Ellis who participated in linked thread might drop by later and add some further thoughts. In meantime, best I write no more on Lr Face recognition and tagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export a Face Tagged Photo, but could not find any EXIF / IPTC tag reflecting the Tagged Name.  When exporting JPGs, will LR make the recognized NAME tag part of the Keyword list, or other IPTC data? 

When you assign a name to a face, LR creates a person keyword of that name. The exported photo will contain the name in the following metadata locations:

[IPTC]          Keywords                        : Jane Doe

[XMP]           Subject                         : Jane Doe

[XMP]           Hierarchical Subject            : Jane Doe

[XMP]           Person In Image                 : Jane Doe

[XMP]           Region Name                     : Jane Doe

If you're not seeing that, then make sure that in the Export window's Metadata section, you've set the option Include: All Metadata (or one of the other All options) and you've unchecked the option Remove Person Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but what do you use to view all the Metadata?

I have tried exiftool, but I can only see the names in Keyword tags,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output I pasted above was generated by "exiftool -a -G ​file​".  Did you verify that you've unchecked Remove Person Info in the Export window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All is working great now.

Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines