• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Cards - Excell

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an excel sheet with Email - Office - Cell - Fax columns.

Some workers do not want their cell phone on their cards or work out of the office so they do not have an office number.

As well as some people dont want their home phone number .

I've been leaving these fields blank in the excel sheet and using a numbered list with a special paragraph style with each row name.

This works well. When there is not a value in a cell, it is collapsed not disturbing the layout.

The problem Im having is when the Homes, Office, Cell or Fax change this alters the number list loosing the paragraph style.

Is there anyway to keep these styles on the list even though they are removed and added?

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 11.29.24 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

It's mainly an issue with the preview dialog in data merge. Try not previewing the merge and see what happens.

This is discussed in more detail in this article at IDS: https://indesignsecrets.com/data-merge-remove-unwanted-lines.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's mainly an issue with the preview dialog in data merge. Try not previewing the merge and see what happens.

This is discussed in more detail in this article at IDS: https://indesignsecrets.com/data-merge-remove-unwanted-lines.php

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines