• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dictionary Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct words show as mis-spelled and if I try to add to Dictionary it does not recognize the word.
When I try to Spell Check Project I cannot Add words to the dictionary.
Seems like the Dictionary is corrupted. Any ideas on how to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009
All,

I deceided to re-install Robohelp and after installation the dictionary feature is working correctly.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Which version of RoboHelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you right click a red underlined word and click Spelling > Add to Dictionary nothing happens, the word is still reported as misspelled?

What about if you click Spelling Options? Does that fail to appear?

Before going for the ultimate solution (uninstall and reinstall), is the problem in all projects or just one?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click a red underlined word and click Spelling > Add to Dictionary the red undeerline initially disappears. Then when I start typing the red line returns.

No problem with Spelling Options.

I check the RoboHelp sample project Clownfish School and it does the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into those options, you can manually add and remove words. If you do it that way, does it stick?

I can poke around tomorrow to see where the custom dictionary is stored, unless Rick already knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they do not stick. Also, there are words that are already in the list that show up with red underlines.

Words that you would think should be in the standard dictionary have the red underline, such as: Kit, defines, Pocket, verisons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if a language selection somewhere has gone wonky?
Maybe RH is expecting French or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using those words I see the same problem. What version are you patched up to? Don't apply any new ones just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 7.03.001. I have auto updates on so I probably have updates since installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you noticed this problem in the last few days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other Adobe products installed please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the problem 2 weeks ago when I began updating a project that I worked on about four months ago. Just prior to that I updated the Technical Communication Suite from version 1.0 to 1.3.

I have the following Adobe products: Tech Comm Suite, CS4 Design SStandard Suite.
Both installed in January.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Watch this space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I deceided to re-install Robohelp and after installation the dictionary feature is working correctly.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Interesting. I am going to have to reinstall for different reasons so we will see what happens then.

Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp