Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported Video Shorter than Original

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I'm having two issues with my project that maybe someone is able to help.

1. I want to export individual clips and keeping their name. (what methods are the best ?)

2. When I managed to do the first step it exports sometimes shorter and sometimes longer video files.

1.PNG

This is my timeline, each segment is a separate video file with its own name and exactly 10 seconds long.

When I export them as individual clips 20% of them are 9 seconds long.

I discovered that "fps" and sequence settings are at fault here, but haven't managed to tweak it.

The imported files are in .mp4 format and some have different fps's. (mixed fps rates)

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro has no easy way to do this.  DaVinci Resolve does.  (And it's free.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

concerning the different fps, try to select all of them in the project panel, then

right click and choose Modify - Interpret Footage - Assume this frame rate and set your sequence frame rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it but when it's the same result. Any other suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you create a small short video on how you are performing the process ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here it is: Test Video - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you switch to DNxHD you still get shorter frames ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am watching your video again and I think your sequence is at 25 fps

and you are trying to export at 30fps.

Please readjust your sequence settings to match the fps of your export or the reverse,

footage fps, sequence fps and export fps should be the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myeaa... You are right it was the sequence at 25 and I was pushing 30 on the other side. Ok all lined up...

Now how do I export all of the files separately keeping their own names, only 10 seconds as in the timeline, because if I add them to queue in the Media Encoder it exports all the clip not only 10 seconds. (I got Premiere Pro CC 2018)

EDIT: Managed to use the render and replace tool, it worked, big files for only 10 seconds but I will make them smaller somehow, now the only issue is with 50 fps video files, they are distorted (run faster and in lenght have 4-6 seconds instead of 10 like in the timeline), how can I correct for those two ? Is there a middle FPS option that I could choose ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to go back and reply on how to batch export your trimmed clips,

yes you can do that on Premiere, on the sequence where you

have your trimmed footage, select all of them, then right click

and choose 'create subsequence'. you will see the subsequence

on the project panel, then go to project manager, on the sequence

tab check only the subsequence you created, then in the resulting

project panel choose 'consolidate and transcode' and most importantly

check 'individual clips'. if you want other export settings you have

to ingest them before this process. This will batch export your trimmed clips.

Concerning frame rates, try the best to match it across sequences and

in the export settings, they should match exactly to perform correctly on playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... it doesn't work with project manager, I remember that it used to in Premiere 2017... but Updated to 2018 and now it renders out the whole video, not just the timeline 10 seconds. Am I doing something wrong here ?

x.jpg

The framerate issue is "ok" I can deal with it, it's working 97% of the time with your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im on 2018 it worked perfectly, the exported clips are exactly the same length as the trimmed ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to Nest instead os creating a subsequence. Also, Try to match source in the Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

batch export on Vimeo

you can igore creating a subsequence, its just fr the sake of keeping evrything organized and

matching settings in your case, follow the video and I even noticed that Quick Time Cineform

works with most videos, but as mentioned you can ingest your own settings, here i tried

with DNxHD but you can try other ingests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do the same and it just renders out the whole video instead of the trimmed part only, reverting back to 2017 and will come back with an update. Also, thanks for the long help ! Cheers.

@chris_z77 Nesting is not feasible in my case, I have a project of 100 individual videos and I want them to automatically keep their name, nesting requires me to input the name manually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshs130237​ Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean instead of selecting all clips and creating a sub-sequence, Nest them instead. I don't mean to nest each individual clip, but nest all of them into one nested sequence and consolidate that. However you can ignore this entire step as Carlos mentioned and consolidate the original sequence.

Also, before you downgrade to 2017, make sure that your preset is matching source. I tried it on 2018, and no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tested it, and made sure the exported footage were the same length as the trimmed ones, for me it was perfect.

the most important thing to do is to create an ingest preset from the sequence you have your clips on, and

import that into project manager before exporting, to preserve all your settings including the fps used in

your sequence.

I have pp 12.1.1 build 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to also ignore the conform to fps at the start of the thread since we are now ingesting the sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok let me try this again.

The previous version where we changed the FPS for all the videos to match the FPS of the sequence bangs up the videos, they render out with a length of 10 seconds but I got dropped frames and in some areas where the original video is 29.97 fps and I convert it to 25.00 fps the sound goes weird.

In the end...If it doesn't come out perfect, I will ask someone to create a script so it could save the trim (in's / out's) of a video file the first time I cut it, and when I drag it in It will auto do the cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just ignore conforming your footage and keep them at their native fps

your final sequence that you want your individual clips batch exported from

is the final thing that determines what you want as a final output, including frame rates.

so adjust that sequence to the settings you want and the export will follow those same

settings across all your batch exported edited clips.

so for example, any clip added to a 30fps sequence will play back at 30fps and so on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case, if I just want to keep all videos at their native frame rates

and do a batch export, I would create sub-sequences for each group

of footage with the same frame rate. Please do not conform your footage in this case.

So I will have a sub-sequence of all 50 or 60fps footage

another sub-sequence of all 30 fps footage

another for all 25 fps footage, so on...

then use the Project Manager method I explained to you and

check all the sub-sequences, then do the export

but if you want them all at the same frame rate, then decide which

frame rate you want and create a sequence based on that, drop

all your footage in that sequence and do the Project Manager method

of batch export from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and make sure the sub-sequences you create match the footage frame rate,

check this in sequence settings, if it doesn't match just change the frame rate

to the same as the footage and do this across all your sub-sequences or

nested sequences whatever method you prefer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, managed to replicate what you said. When I group them together (not in the timeline) it imports into the timeline the whole length of the files. So when I do project manager it exports not the trimmed ones from the original sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that i can have remote access over your pc ? To be able to

help more and much faster ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your sequence settings and clip source settings do not match, the idea with exporting from project manager

is to be able to export and archive your trimmed clips on the timeline while preserving their properties, those of

the sequence or the presets, but everything should be matching so :

01. if you want to export using sequence settings, the preset and sequence settings should match

02. if you are exporting based on clip settings, clip and preset should match

03. if you are exporting based on preset settings, preset and clip settings should match

matching settings include frame rate, size, progressive or interlaced etc ...

Now if you would like to join in starting a feature request calling for Batch Export Trimmed Clips from

Premiere Pro timeline to Media Encoder in future versions, with the ability to cross transcode/encode

between different presets and settings that would be great !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines