• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHAT THE HELL!? Edited 150 images on iPad and synced to LR Classic, all adjustments gone on both platforms?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So over the past week I've been experimenting with using the Camera connect kit to take images directly from my SD card into my iPad pro to do some edits while traveling. I upgraded to the 1tb CC plan so I'd have plenty of storage. I culled and edited around 150 images in LR Mobile over the past 3 days and just got back to my office to sync everything and get all the RAW and edits in my LR Classic CC catalog.

The collection shows up and all the RAW images are there, but NONE of the edits showed up. So I opened up my iPad to see what happened, and low and behold... they are all RESET on my iPad now. So everything I worked on over the past few days is completely gone. I basically have to start over from unedited photos.

Why did this happen? How do I keep it from happening again? Is it even worth it to try again?

Thanks.. had to rant for a minute. I hope someone knows what is going on with this...

-J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test just one image? Edit it on the iPad and check to see if its synced on your desktop... if it works as expected it will hard to diagnose what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that they are all synced up and the raw files are on my iMac the changes I make to either seem to be working and syncing. The problem seems to be when the files initial location is on the iPad.

I just took some other raw files from a different collection that were on my ipad from last week and synced them, and the edits disappeared on a few of them, but not all. That is weird.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with shooting RAW+JPEG on my camera? Maybe the connect is loading both files but LR mobile is only doing the edits on the one or the other?

Its weird that only some of the files kept edits and some didnt. 

My SD card reader is at home and I'll be on location shooting this weekend and will be loading some more RAWs into my iPad over the next couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test it again with shooting just RAW.

Any reason why you need to shoot RAW + jpg? It's quite easy to make jpgs now in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot RAW+JPEG with my Sony A7III setup because the embedded jpeg along with the ARW raw is low resolution and in PhotoMechanic when I zoom in to check sharpness it gets pixelated on my imac 5k monitor. When I shoot with a RAW with a 10mp medium sized sidecar JPEG then PhotoMechanic uses that for the preview instead of the embedded image. That is plenty large enough to check my focus and they seem to load just as fast.

I do this because I don't use LR to cull my images. Everything is sorted outside of LR and only the selects or images to edit are pulled in and imported. It helps me keep more organized.

My Nikon NEF files don't have that problem. They have a larger resolution jpeg embedded in the raw, so I only shoot in RAW there. But I'm moving all my work to Sony and need to figure out if this is going to be a problem.

Now that being said... the images that are in question here that I've lost the edits on during sync have come mostly from my Sony, so this may be some part of the issue. I'm going to test this with more with some Nikon Raw files over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - please let us know if that is the issue... I shoot Nikon and haven't encountered the problem nor can I recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines