• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate drive/volume on every import

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the whole internet, and cannot find any answer, and it seems there is no way to contact Adobe support on this issue.

Every time I import new photos into lightroom, it imports them to a completely separate drive entry to my main library.

I've done the solution at Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Cust... but even after restart, it still does the same every time I Import new images.

The upper case issue is with the drive letter. One drive is D:\ (the one that shows new imports) while the other is d:\ (the one with library)

I can make images go from D:\ to d:\ by using the "update folder location" function, changing directory, then changing back, then hit Select folder.

I just don't want to do that every time.

System info:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.8 GHz

Built-in memory: 16337.1 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16337.1 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1198.0 MB (7.3%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1261.7 MB

GDI objects count: 571

USER objects count: 1309

Process handles count: 2924

Memory cache size: 0.0MB / 3853.2MB (0.0%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 108MB / 8168MB (1%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 398.11

Renderer: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: C:\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\k\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Canon Tether Plugin

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) HDR Efex Pro 2

6) Nikon Tether Plugin

7) SmugMug

8) Teekesselchen

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de

D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Adobe has a 'help' page for this topic-

Folders panel displays same hard drive twice

I do not believe that Resetting Preferences will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you import form a SD card via card reader? What you import settings? Can you please post a screenshot from your import dialog that shows the settings on the right side.

BTW: You don't use the latest version of Lightroom. Please install the newest version and then try again.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no notice of any update to my lightroom, so according to this, it must be the latest version.

I have imported from SD cards, external hard drives, and local drive folders, all with the same result.

Here are the settings.

Also, this has happened as long as I can remember, probably from when I first started using lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I see the settings looks like ok.

Try to reset the Lightroom preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

jj59691772  schrieb

There is no notice of any update to my lightroom, so according to this, it must be the latest version.

In your system info the version was shown as  "Lightroom Version: CC 2015.14 [1149743]"  This isn't the latest version.

It's at the moment Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1. Please check in Lightroom which version you have installed.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, are you opening Lightroom from the CC application, or from an icon on your desktop? You may have two different Lightrooms installed and you are opening the one that is not current by using the desktop icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a 'help' page for this topic-

I do not believe that Resetting Preferences will help.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @WobertC

The key was to update the folders to a different drive, not just a different folder on the same drive, then change them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, it helps with replies for other 'sufferers' of this annoying bug.

"update the folders to a different drive"- is noted.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone is still reading these posts.  I have the same issue in my LR 5 install.  I have removed the folders in the dupe D: drive and the drive disappears from LR.  But when I do a repeat of the import for those folders they end up in the dupe drive again and not in the drive that has all of my other folders.  This started happening a few years ago after an update I guess and I can't get it to go away.  The answer I am replying to does not really resolve this issue.  I do wish Adobe could have done something about this by now but apparently they'd rather not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's see if we can help. You posted-

"I have removed the folders in the dupe drive"

Not sure why you did this- there is no deleting of folders anywhere in the instructions.

"when I do a repeat of the import for those folders"

There is NO importing of photos to be done to correct the 'Duplicate Drive' syndrome. This will NOT help.

What you have done (as suggested in your post) will not fix the problem!

You must follow the instructions from the Adobe 'Help' implicitly to correct the problem.

Also read the Correct Answer from Jim Wilde at this forum thread that describes the procedure in a different way-

DUPLICATE DRIVE ERROR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines