• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC cc 2018 not opening PDF's

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC cc 2018 for Mac (macOS High Sierra, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB hard drive) will not open any documents. I created a PDF in Indesign cc 2018, when trying to open the pdf the Acrobat Pro DC application launches but does not fully open the program or the PDF. Acrobat Pro DC will not fully open or even attempt to open any pdf's. All other Adobe Programs (Id, Ps, Ai, Ae, Pr, Lr, etc) work perfectly. The attached image is a screenshot of the final result.

Troubleshoot by (Nothing worked😞

1. Restarted the program.
  2. Opened the Program then went to "File > open."
  3. Double clicked the PDF to open it from Finder.
  4. Right Clicked the PDF "Open with > Adobe Acrobat"
  5. Restarted the computer
  6. Reset the PRAM
  7. Uninstalled Adobe Pro DC and reinstalled.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this issue.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 3.44.44 PM (2).png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

AFTER attempting to open a file and seeing this screen, try Window > Tile > Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFTER attempting to open a file and seeing this screen, try Window > Tile > Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Had the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the heck can Adobe not get their bloody program to open pdf files by clicking on open with Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you have the same problem (Mac OS, Acrobat launches, file not shown, Acrobat app appears, no error messages)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

failed to connect to dde server is always the message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you aren't on a Mac, and do get an error message. Doesn't sound like the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem as what?  When I try to open a pdf on my windows 10, I get the message failed to connect to dde server!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem as you implied you had by adding to this discussion, which starts "Acrobat Pro DC cc 2018 for Mac (macOS High Sierra, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB hard drive) will not open any documents."

If you add to a post people assume your symptoms are the same, so you aren't likely to get such useful help as you might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do not know how it started with mac because the stupid system checked with my login what I had, which is windows 10 pro dc!  See how stupid adobe is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the "Acrobat General Troubleshooting" forum, used by both Mac and Windows users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines