Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Images not displaying

Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my Lightroom currently looks like. I have reverted to previous catalogues.

Uninstalled & Installed it again.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed.

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 16.58.16.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the displayed photos are 'missing', that is why Lightroom can't build previews for them. This means that Lightroom does not know where they are, because they were moved, deleted, renamed, or their folder was renamed. Another possibility is that they are on a disk that is not connected, so first check for that.

Check for missing folders in your Folder panel in the left column. If you find one (it will show a question mark and the folder name in italics) then right-click on it and choose 'Find Missing Folder' from the contextual menu. You'll get a standard 'open' dialog that you can use to go to the current location of the folder. Select it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan.

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that the images are missing, but my Lightroom has always displayed the item even if it is missing. So there is a preview to work from to find the missing files. It would just give me the little i icon in the corner but I could still see what the image is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LetitiaLerm  wrote

Hello Johan.

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that the images are missing, but my Lightroom has always displayed the item even if it is missing. So there is a preview to work from to find the missing files. It would just give me the little i icon in the corner but I could still see what the image is.

That is indeed what normally happens, but apparently the previews needed to be updated, and because the originals are not found that process failed. It's possible that the previews cache is corrupt, and I can explain how to solve that, but as long as you do not 'reconnect' the originals first, there is nothing you can do about that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines