• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images still disappearing B4 import!

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted before about images that disappeared before I could import them. I have an up- to -date MacBook Pro and up -to -date LR Classic. I import from a SD card to a WD Passport for Mac and then go to LR library to import from the WD. I disabled the GPU after my first question and that solved the problem for awhile.

Couple of days ago, I added some new photos to an existing folder on the WD. I've checked off "don't import duplicates" in LR. I started the Library import from the WD folder. I briefly saw the new images with checkmarks, and then they disappeared! I checked to see if the GPU had rechecked itself. It hadn't. Sigh. (I wound up importing directly from the SD card, but I hate letting LR do that as I have trouble finding the images later. I did keyword, but...) Probably more than you needed to know, but I wanted to be thorough.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappeared from the Import window? Or disappeared from the folder after import?

Are these JPG or RAW? What version of Lightroom (we need the version NUMBER and not words like "up-to-date")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Lightroom Classic 7.3.1 release

Camera raw 10.3

Mac version 10.13.5

All images are RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, the images disappear in the import dialog. I click on import from

library, the images appear and then disappear immediately before I’m able

to complete the process.

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM Melissa Marsh <melissamarsh1@gmail.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you describe, you're importing the images twice, once to move them from the SD card to the WD HD, then again from the WD HD (to somewhere else or why?) and the same catalog is pointed to both times, so the second import would duplicate the images in the catalog and they're being removed from the import grid to keep that from happening.  The way LR is designed to work, you only need to import them once, from the SD card to their final location.

What's not clear is what the two imports are trying to accomplish.  If you explain in more detail what you're doing, maybe we can suggest a different way that doesn't involve importing twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I’m doing is getting them into LR for processing. My process for this

was moving photos from the SD card to an existing folder on the WD. Then on

to LR, library, import from WD. And that’s where it ended. I just did an

import from a new folder (SS to WD, library import from WD) and all was

well. I guess no more adding photos to an existing WD folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import dialog box, have you clicked on "New Photos" or "All Photos". Which one? 2018-06-16 19_54_56-Start.png

It sounds to me like you may have the wrong selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, what happens if you click on All Photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please describe your process in finer detail.  Be specific as to the program (Explorer/Finder or LR) used with each step, and be specific as to the source and destination folders you are moving or copying photos between at each step, and whenever you are using LR Import, please be specific as to the Import type:  Copy as DNG or Copy or Add.

Made up examples of specific folder names I'm asking for would be something like E:\DCIM\100CANON on an SD card, or G:\Photos\2018-06-15_RiverRafting as the final destination of the photos on the WD.  There should be two folder names in each copy or import step you do, one as the source and one as the destination, UNLESS you're doing an Add type of import, then there's just one folder as the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines