Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded PP and now some media offline

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please!!

I upgraded PP to 12.1.1 the other day on my Macbook pro 2015 with El Capitan version 10.11.6.  Everything seemed fine.  Then I had to go back to an old project to change something for a client - when I opened the project some of the footage was ok and some was offline.

I thought I'd try re-linking the media that was showing offline (even though it was still in the same place on the drive).  When I went to re-link it said:

The selected file does not contain video media used by clip references in one or more sequences. These video clip references will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?

I said I did want to continue and all the clips in my timeline disappeared, and the one I was trying to re-link appeared as an audio file.

I closed the project and took it to my other computer iMac late 2012 with Sierra 10.12.6 - and it's absolutely fine.

So I upgraded my MacBook pro to high Sierra to see if that helped - so now running 10.13.5. Hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas?!  I am freaking out a bit about this!!!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Just in case anyone is having the same problem - I spoke to someone from Adobe just now.  This is a known issue with the latest version of PP so don't upgrade just yet!!! I didn't realise but I was able to go back to the previous version and now it's all fine, phew!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok after some more digging around I found this had helped someone with the same problem:

"I cleared my media cache by renaming my Adobe Common folder: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Before this, I had already created a new media cache folder, but that did not solve the problem. I had also tried renaming my media folder and that also did not solve the problem. Renaming my Adobe Common folder and forcing PPro to create a new Common was the golden ticket"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now I have a new problem - I can't find my media cache folder....I found the location here on the left, but as you can see in the finder window on the right there is no library folder.  I have looked everywhere and can't find the media cache folder....

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.22.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the exact same problem OP. If you open the finder, then click "go" in the toolbar, a list of folders will drop down, but library won't be there. Then, hold option of your keyboard, and the library folder will appear. Click on that, and from there you'll be able to find your media cache folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!

Can I just check - did you delete everything inside the 'media cache' and 'media cache files' folders - or did you delete the actual folders themselves?

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the files themselves, not the folders. Once I re-opened my project file though, I found that I only had a success rate of maybe 90 percent. I ended up having to close premiere, go through and delete the individual cache files that hadn't been successful, then reopen Premiere and keep repeating until every single one of them had worked. A massive pain, I'm assuming Adobe will release an updated version within the week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone is having the same problem - I spoke to someone from Adobe just now.  This is a known issue with the latest version of PP so don't upgrade just yet!!! I didn't realise but I was able to go back to the previous version and now it's all fine, phew!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. putting the offending files through good old mpegstreamclip and relinking worked for me, but I'm well behind on the edit now.

Any update fix in sight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also wondering when the update is coming - I often have to go back into older projects for clients and this is a bit of a nightmare!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines