Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro - Menu Missing - Mac - Nothing Works

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tribe,

I have an old version of Adobe Creative Suite 5 that includes Acrobat 9 Pro. I recently purchased a new Mac, installed the software, and what used to work fine on my previous laptop, now doesn't so on new one, re: just Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. 

The problem:

• ALL the menu bars are ghosted (File, Edit, View, etc. I can't do anything. I use the program a lot to "combine PDF files into 1 doc, can't do it now)
  • I try to open PDF documents by selecting "open with Adobe Acrobat Pro - nothing happens

Solutions tried, no luck:

• Pressing “Shift,” “Command” and “M” keys at the same time to bring up menu - nothing happens
  • Uninstalling and re-installing - seems like it doesn't allow me to uninstall using the folder "uninstall command

Mac Specs if it helps:

• macOS Sierra

I attached a screenshot of what I see on the menu bar - just the "acrobat" name (It also shows the contents of the Acrobat folder)

What gives? HELP! Thanks.

Screenshot 2018-06-16 18.37.05.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think expecting Acrobat 9 to work on Sierra or later is very optimistic. When you get a new Mac, you can expect to need to buy many new apps - it's part of the joy of Mac !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll notice too that it doesn't say just Acrobat on the menu bar. You are running a different app called Acrobat Uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you double-click the Acrobat Pro icon in a Finder Window?

(Don't do it in the Uninstaller Window!)

IMG_5352.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tatianam19053837  wrote

Solutions tried, no luck:

• Pressing “Shift,” “Command” and “M” keys at the same time to bring up menu - nothing happens

Also, if you do get Acrobat launched, F9 is the shortcut to hide and show the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines