• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 doesn't import to Pictures folders on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm running Adobe Lightroom 6.14 on Mac OS 10.13.5. Have recently encountered issues in importing pictures into Lightroom from both external card and even from another subfolder under Pictures. Lightroom does not import any images and reports "Could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable."

I have confirmed that I have "read & write" authorization for Pictures and its subfolders, and I can manually copy a picture into the Pictures>2018 folder and I'm able to create a new subfolder for the relevant day. Permissions on the drive have been checked/repaired. Disk Utility First Aid didn't find any issues either.

Everything was working fine until about May 20 (date of last picture imports). Since then, no updates to Lightroom until the issue appeared. Sounds like a Mac issue, but don't know what it could be.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Thanks,

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to import directly from pictures using “Add” rather than “Copy” in the import dialog?

If you expand the Destination panel on the right can you select the 2018 sub-folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - That worked! Rather than selecting the main hard drive as in the past, I selected the Pictures folder, and then Lightroom was able to create the subfolders under Pictures>2018, and import (copy) the photos into the library. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the 'Make Second Copy to...' option in the Import dialog checked? Maybe that destination is not writable for some reason.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Nope, had not checked that option. Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise it can be difficult to duplicate an unwanted fault, but can you post a screen shot of the LR error message Christian?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeErrorMsg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines