Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standalone Lightroom shows as Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm currently running a trial version of Lightroom 6 with view of purchasing the software (personal preference is not to go down subscription route).

When the trial is installed, going to Help shows Lightroom CC instead of 6. I read previously somewhere that Adobe was accidentally 'upgrading' Lightroom 6 users to CC versions, which I obviously want to avoid.

Just wondering if it is normal for Lightroom 6 to show as CC?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of what you see

I read previously somewhere that Adobe was accidentally 'upgrading' Lightroom 6 users to CC versions, which I obviously want to avoid.

I don't know what you read, but this is 105% wrong. Further, it is against the law to do this if the user has not agreed to pay for the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running a trial version of Lightroom 6 with view of purchasing the software (personal preference is not to go down subscription route). When the trial is installed, going to Help shows Lightroom CC instead of 6.

To build on dj_paige's request, please do Help > System Info and copy and paste the first ten lines or so here.

Starting with LR Classic 7, Adobe changed its product naming in an incredibly confusing way. Further, there is indeed a bug in the update process that causes some people who were previously running LR 6 to run LR Classic 7 but with incorrect licensing.

However, it's more likely that you installed the free trial of LR CC (2015, the subscription version of LR 6), which is also the free trial of LR 6. It will show LR CC (2015) until you enter a LR 6 serial number, at which point it will show LR 6.

But if you want an authoritative answer as to what's going in your situation, you must copy and paste the output from Help > System Info here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers for the input.

Johan, makes sense now after visiting your link, so thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines