• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Preview Topic has stopped working

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My topic preview stopped working yesturday. Whenever i goto preview a topic now, the icon changes for a second and then nothing happens. I've tried re-opening the app, restarting the PC, repairing the install and even uninstalling & re-installing robohehlp and it still continues to not show up. I've also tried the "Forcewin" app as was suggested in another thread, but there is nothing listed in that app that is releveant to robohelp.

I'm thinking something is corrupted in the registry somewhere and that the preview window is not opening at all (ie: it's not hidden - it's just not there). Are there any steps to rectify this? I really need this feature to work again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you have tried forcewin and the other non-invasive tricks to no avail...

Here is the registry hokey pokey:
Close RoboHelp HTML.

You need to do this because the values we are about to change will be destructively changed once we close RoboHelp HTML and restart.

Open the Windows Registry Editor.

(All standard disclaimers apply. Back up the registry, sacrifice a chicken, yadda yadda yadda)

Locate the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\version\RoboHTML\version\MontereyFrame\

Double click the item labeled Preview in separate window and ensure the value is set to 1. If it already is, terrific. If not, change it to 1 and click the OK button. It doesn't matter if the option is set to Hex or Decimal.

Double click the item labeled PreviewMaximized and ensure the value is set to 0. If it already is, terrific. If not, change it to 0 and click the OK button. It doesn't matter if the option is set to Hex or Decimal.

Double click the item labeled PreviewWindowCX. Make sure the option is set to Decimal and set the value to 50. Then click the OK button.

Double click the item labeled PreviewWindowCY. Make sure the option is set to Decimal and set the value to 50. Then click the OK button.

Double click the item labeled PreviewWindowX. Make sure the option is set to Decimal and set the value to 50. Then click the OK button.

Double click the item labeled PreviewWindowY. Make sure the option is set to Decimal and set the value to 50. Then click the OK button.

Close the Windows Registry Editor.

Restart RoboHelp HTML and preview a topic.

The window should now be floating above the RoboHelp HTML application in full view.

Post back with your RoboHelp version and I might be able to be more specific.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That worked! It turns that the registry entry for PreviewWindowY had the maxium 32bit value of 429496296 so restoring that value to 50 fixed the problem. I'd be curious to know how this happened and how i can avoid this in the future.

For the record I'm using Robohelp 8 and there is no entry registry entry for "Preview", but the others were there which is all that matters. Also - the registry path for me was HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\8.00\MontereyFrame.

Thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp