• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distored audio in a clip (during editing process)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am facing this issue whereby Premiere seems to be distorting the audio of one of my clips when I try to play it in the Source monitor and place it in my sequence. The original clip works just fine. I tried deleting the original clip and replacing it back into the source folder, moving it into a different folder, and directly dragging it from my windows folder to the sequence... In all cases, the audio of the clip is being compressed to about half the length it's supposed to be, so it sounds all jarbled together (the clip is of someone talking). I tried changing the frame rate of my sequence; that didn't work either. Really stumped as to what is going on here, tried searching the forums as well but could not find any solutions. Any ideas how I could fix this? I'm concerned that I may face this issue with other clips too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Never mind - found the solution! I had to navigate to the Media Cache folder in my local drive, delete the cache files associated with that particular clip, and restart Premiere. The program then created new cache files and the video now plays back perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I am using the latest version (Premiere Pro CC2018) and the original clip has a frame rate of 59.94 fps (like most of my other clips in this sequence, with which I have not faced any such problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind - found the solution! I had to navigate to the Media Cache folder in my local drive, delete the cache files associated with that particular clip, and restart Premiere. The program then created new cache files and the video now plays back perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines