Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forgot model release

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I forgot to add a model release to a photo. What should i do?

Best regards,

Goran

[Moved from the Forum Comments forum (which is for discussing issues with these forums themselves) and into a more appropriate support forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

When the moderators review the file, if all other criteria for approval is met it will be put into "remind to complete" mode. Once there you will be able to attach the release and resubmit.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the moderators review the file, if all other criteria for approval is met it will be put into "remind to complete" mode. Once there you will be able to attach the release and resubmit.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happened to me too and I cannot find the picture. I clicked the "More Details" button but it took me to rejected photos and that photo does not show up. It's not in pending either. How can I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the "Uploaded Files" tab and then the tab labeled "Reminder"

Here is a direct link: Sell stock photos, videos, vectors online | Adobe Stock Contributor

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two of my photos were rejected because of absence of property release. I initially ignored them but later found out that they were place in "remind to complete mode". I made some effort to find the owner of the property and have her sign the two releases. (It did cost me a bit since she's located far from me.) After uploading the releases, and resubmitting the two photos one was rejected for "excessive post processing and/or noise"; the other was rejected for "either over or under expose". If other criteria for approval were taken in consideration before placing photos in "remind to complete mode", why reject these photos after I supplied what was requested? For the trained eyes, over or under exposure and excessive noise should be very obvious.

If other criteria were not taken in consideration why place these photos in "remind to complete mode" to have me utilizing time and resources only for them to be rejected for other reasons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I went through the same process and furnished the release and had the work rejected for other reasons. I can see that the release is a priority and the review process stops once a release is requested. If you send the release when submitting anything that might require a release, your work will go on through the final inspection for acceptance or rejection. So, I will add the release to all items that have the slightest possible need for legal release. Extra work, yes but better to protect yourself and others from legal problems.  Once I get the hang of it, it becomes a habit and smoother. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response joanh22203655. However according to MatHayward checks are made to ensure that other criteria are met before photos are sent to "remind to complete" mode. This is why I believe he is correct. There were three photos rejected for absence of property release, two sent to "remind to complete" mode, the other left among rejections.

If your answer is correct why remind me to submit one item to complete when there is the possibility of other issues? Why search for the property release when there are other more obvious issues such as exposure? Wouldn't exposure issue be the first to hit the trained eyes? Why place 2 out of three photos rejected for property releases into "remind to complete" mode except checks are made for other issues? The operative word here is "complete". I understand that to mean once the releases are submitted my photos would be approved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "all other criteria are met", and release is supplied, none would be rejected after the release is sent in. Maybe? JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read again and think of it carefully joanh22203655; and see if you can come up with the answer to why the third photo was not placed in "remind to complete" mode. If you come up with the correct answer to that question, then you will understand that there has to be a significant difference with the other two. Then try to figure out what could be the most logical difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanh22203655,thanks for your input. I just had a chat with MatHayward (ID himself as staff), he said It might be a case that after submitting the property releases a different moderator with a different opinion rejected them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this update with me. Sounds quite understandable. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MatHayward​:

jacquelingphoto2017  wrote

joanh22203655,thanks for your input. I just had a chat with MatHayward (ID himself as staff), he said It might be a case that after submitting the property releases a different moderator with a different opinion rejected them.

As I understand that different reviewers have slightly different views it cannot be that an accepted picture on hold for model release can be rejected afterwards for a different reason. That's bad practice.

Either the model release is primordial and should be considered first or other criteria are primordial and are considered first. From an Adobe point of view, the first would be more effective (as I suppose that not all model releases come-in), from a contributor's point of view the second would be better.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that whither releases are checked for first or last, all other criteria is checked before photos are placed in remind mode, and this is evident in that three photos of mine were rejected for absence of releases, while only two were placed in remind mode. It gave me the impression that the releases were the only thing missing, and that is why I went through the trouble I did to find the owner of the property. Because of the cost factor involved, I was prepared to ignore those photos and move on. So yes I agree, an accepted picture on hold in reminder for model release should not be rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines