• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find custom camera calibration profiles in Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in RAW on Photoshop CC2015.5.

I've created a camera calibration profile (.dcp) using ColorChecker Passport and saved it in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles, but when I open a .CR2 image (taken on the same camera, same day etc as the image used to create the profile), I can only see the adobe presets (eg adobe standard, camera faithful etc), but not the profile I have created. I have restarted Photoshop and even tried restarting my computer, but no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

I believe the Custom Profile has to be saved in your Home directory, not the Root directory

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Let me know if that works.

Some folders in the Mac, just as in Windows are hidden by default, so use the Finder's Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste the above path in the field.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in ACR for the your default settings for your cameras. Adobe stores the profiles it distributes for cameras in windows in folder: "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\xxxx" There should be a folder like that on your Mac.... You can store you own custom profiles anywhere you want to. But You will likely need to add them to Adobe's Camera profile camera folder and and also create lens profiles for your lenses and add them to Adobe lens profiles folder.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Custom Profile has to be saved in your Home directory, not the Root directory

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Let me know if that works.

Some folders in the Mac, just as in Windows are hidden by default, so use the Finder's Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste the above path in the field.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Gene. That worked!

Thank you again, I really appreciate your help.

Valerie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea where to put them & find them in Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the 1st reply from J.J. Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:/Users/{enter your computer name here}/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

I have the profiles in both of these folders. They were created with the X-Rite color checker to work with my cameras RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I find this in my 'go to finder' how do i save it to home directory si i can use? I'm so confused! thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines