• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC lag issues and freeze [2018]

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an individual who needs to do a lot of work on subdivision engineering plans (editing them/viewing). The PDF's he gets constantly lag and freeze up. If you're scrolling through them they freeze before you get 5 or 6 pages into them. It's very frustrating to view the documents. It definitely seems related to the particular PDF's he gets. They're usually in the 30MB range and have a lot of text and maps. Is there anything we can do to speed Acrobat up? I tried viewing on a higher end computer with 32GB of RAM and an i7. It was only marginally better.

Foxit reader seemed to do a slightly better job.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Hi kpontusa,

You may also try  following troubleshooting steps and check if that helps:

You may go to preference > Page Display, uncheck "Smooth line art" , "Smooth images.

Also, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here:  Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Why is the following PDF so slow to render and how can I make it faster to render?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drewb,

As per the issue description mentioned above Acrobat Pro DC is freezing when viewing pdfs, is that correct?

Try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following forum thread under correct answer and check if that helps:

How to fix a SERIOUS lag issue for Acrobat and Reader on a Macbook Pro for forms? Please.

Also, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

If that doesn't work, try toggling the settings given under Preferences > Page Display > Rendering and check if that helps. You may refer to the following forum thread for the same: Scrolling through PDF files is slow using Adobe Reader on MY MACBOOK pro with retina

Also. let us know the dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? To check the version, refer to the steps given in this link: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't on a Mac it's on a PC so those suggestions don't really help. This happens on Adobe Acrobrat Reader DC 18.011.20040 and the equivalent pro version.

The rendering changes made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drewb,

Would it be possible if you can share the pdf file user is working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given here: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Here is one of the documents we're having issues with. It appears to start having problems around page 6 where there's a lot of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance to check the PDF I provided yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drewb,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have sent you a private message, please check the inbox for the same.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let the rest of us know your findings. This is a widespread problem and this thread is one of the first to come up in a search. It would be very helpful to point others in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system you are using? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, you may try the troubleshooting steps given below which I shared with Drew,b

Launch Acrobat > click Edit > Preferences > page Display

Uncheck the boxes next to these options:

Smooth line art , smooth images,

Use local fonts (you may keep this checked and check if that makes a difference).

Enhance thin lines.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drewb, I'm as frustrated as you are. Did you manage to get the issue fixed? So over this version of Acrobat Pro DC... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have notices the same issue here, both with 2017 and 2015.  At first we thought reinstalling would fix it - it didn't.

Our Engineering team creates several thousand page PDFs and we had been trying things to get their rendering of the PDFs faster.  All system were originally i7 laptops with 8GB memory.  In a test, we increased the memory with what we had on hand (2 8GB SODIMMs) - immediate performance gain!  So we bought the team enough to max out their laptops (32GB), now all are slower than they previously had been.  Will be trying to drop them to 24GB and see if that suddenly returns the speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kpontusa,

You may also try  following troubleshooting steps and check if that helps:

You may go to preference > Page Display, uncheck "Smooth line art" , "Smooth images.

Also, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here:  Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Why is the following PDF so slow to render and how can I make it faster to render?

Viewing PDFs and viewing preferences, Adobe Acrobat

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot uncheck these because they are greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this fix did not help me. There is an incredible amount of lag when trying to use and apply Comments on a PDF in Acrobat DC. It is almost unusable. I would go back to Acrobat X (which I was using up until 2 weeks ago) but it won't run on my new system.

This software is a disgrace. It's been 5 years since DC was released and it is still SLOW, buggy and has a very wasteful UI.

COME ON ADOBE. Wake up and make Acrobat professional again, like it was in 9.5 and X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem with Acrobat DC, trying to comment on and edit large PDF files. It's basically unusable and I'm up against a deadline. I don't know what to do but I can't believe I pay for software that is so unbelievably buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and it is really stuffing up my work day. It can take 10 minutes just to get two lines of text down in the form filling or editing mode.  Like others, my software is completely up to date and I have a newish iMac

there is clearly an issue here that Adobe needs to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda, I seem to have this issue every few months and manage to
miraculously solve it by reading through several message boards and finding
strange files to delete. I really think Adobe has an obligation to fix this
issue and provide an update to their clients.

--
Amy Zion

s. amyrzion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell us what you did so we can fix this issue also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Acrobat DC because support for my other adobe ran out. It is a terrible program. I am now searching for another software to view prints because this software is a disaster and after reading forum complaints that go back several years it obvious the developer just does have the ability to produce a professional and workable software capable of doing what it promises.

It is terrible and costs me literal hours in productivity. I love how the community guidlines declare that we are to be kind and respecrtful. There is absolutely nothing kind and respectful about taking a customers money and then giving them garbage. The frustration is real. I should not have to search forums on a regular basis to fix this crummy software I pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I am working with a team to produce a tech book. We often have video meetings and share a screen with an Acrobat document showing, so we can all see the text as we discuss changes. I use a Mac, and my team uses PCs. No matter who is sharing, Acrobat is so incredibly slow and lagging. Filtering is slow. Making comments is slow. Sometimes we get the spinning wheel delay icon and we all just have to sit there and wait for Acrobat to catch up. It's frustrating and inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is tagged as solved!! Seems that nothing is solved and, as my updated Acrobat DC is also disastrously slow, I'm just going to have to put up with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years later I am using Pro DC version 2021.005.20060 and this issue still plagues my work day regularly. I would ask if there is a fix for this yet but I've essentially lost confidence that it ever will be. Please prove me wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use this software at my work and I'm in the middle of editing a large PDF. I have tried all ideas above. upgraded to 64 bit Pro DC, restarted computer. Split up the file into multiple parts eg: 125 pages cut up into 3 parts to edit a section of pages at a time and nothing. the program seems to only get worse the most I edit the file. Was fast ain't even usable atm. tried different computers too. I'm going to recreate the file nect but this is not very good and a lot of people pay good money for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Latest update is available for Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines