Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks Not Changing

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I have an InDesign file that already has hyperlinks within it to different pages within the document. I would like to change some of the destinations of the hyperlinks, but when I go within the interactive panel and try to edit these links it isn't allowing me to make the change. Further more, when I export this as an interactive PDF and upload it to the web the hyperlinks are messed up and do not go to the correct spot within the document when clicked.

I looked at a past forum and someone had mentioned this as a "bug" in 2017, but I have updated InDesign to the newest version and this still seems to be an issue? Anyone else run across these problems and know if this is still a bug that hasn't been fixed or how to resolve it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the hyperlinks created through the Hyperlinks panel or with the Buttons and Forms Panel? If they are done as real hyperlinks then the pdf can be output as a Print pdf (make sure that Hyperlinks is checked in the Export Adobe PDF dialog window—see screen shot) rather than an Interactive PDF. I have had much better luck with the navigation remaining intact with this type of a pdf.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 4.14.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just attempted this and the export still isn't working correctly. The links will land in-between two pages rather on the start of the page it is supposed to be linked to, but it works fine before the upload, so it is whatever is happening in the upload process that messes with it.

Thank you for your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bahchangeup  wrote

… Further more, when I export this as an interactive PDF and upload it to the web the hyperlinks are messed up and do not go to the correct spot within the document when clicked.…

Will it work when the PDF is opened in the desktop version of Adobe Reader on Mac OS X or Windows?
If you open a PDF in a web browser this will be a totally different thing. Depending on the browser's version or even the device a PDF reader in the browser could fail.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you make the hyperlinks to go to a specific hyperlink destination anchor? Or to just the "page" in general?

hyperlink desgination2.png

Hyperlinking to a specific destination text anchor has worked very well for the past few editions of InDesign/Acrobat. Our studio hasn't seen any problems with this is several years.

But hyperlinking to the page has been a bit weird at times. In our studio, we haven't yet been able to confirm what causes this but we suspect that it might be "paging" to the first item in the PDF's architectural/construction reading order on that page, which correlates to the bottom-most item in InDesign's layers panel for that page.

FYI: Stacking order in InDesign's layers panel produces the architectural/construction order in the PDF.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines