• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not installing!

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me preface this by saying I am not new to Lightroom. I've been working with it for years. I recently updated to a new MAC. Installed Lightroom and then installed my presets into Develop presets. However, the presets are NOT showing up in my catalogue. The "Store Presets" button is not checked. I've quit and restarted Lightroom. I've looked online for any solutions and found zip. Contacted Adobe support and the lady helping me was pretty clueless. I felt I knew more about presets than she did. I need to figure out what the root issue is and I'm just not seeing it. It works perfectly on my MacBook and the settings are exactly the same. Pulling my hair out. Any gurus out there???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

That clarifies the situation.

LR 7.3 on your old Mac converted your presets from the old .lrtemplate format in the old location ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets, to the new .xmp format in the new location ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings.

It renamed the old .lrtemplate files by prefixing them with "~~", indicating that it had already converted those to the new .xmp format in the new location.

You then copyied those "~~" .lrtemplate files to your ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. In your new Mac's LR, do Help > System Info and copy and paste the first ten or so lines here.

2. In Finder, do Go > Go To Folder and paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings" (without the quotes) and post a screenshot of what you see in Finder here.  This is the new location of presets for 7.3 and later.

3. In Finder, do Go > Go To Folder and paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets" (without the quotes) and post a screenshot of what you see in Finder here.  This is the location of presets for older versions of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In your new Mac's LR, do Help > System Info and copy and paste the first ten or so lines here.

Lightroom Classic version: 7.3.1 [ 1167660 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.5 [17F77]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

2. In Finder, do Go > Go To Folder and paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings" (without the quotes) and post a screenshot of what you see in Finder here.  This is the new location of presets for 7.3 and later.

Screenshot 2018-06-18 15.38.53.png

3. In Finder, do Go > Go To Folder and paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets" (without the quotes) and post a screenshot of what you see in Finder here.  This is the location of presets for older versions of LR.

Screenshot 2018-06-18 15.40.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I saw an article that camera raw was the new place for presets, so I also tried installing them there. Still didn't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of the Finder contents of one of the old preset folders, e.g. ""~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets/Replichrome - Tweak Kit".  This will clarify whether LR 7.3 has tried to convert your old-format presets or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is from my MacBook which is running the same presets...

Screenshot 2018-06-18 15.52.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is in my new MAC:Screenshot 2018-06-18 15.57.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That clarifies the situation.

LR 7.3 on your old Mac converted your presets from the old .lrtemplate format in the old location ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets, to the new .xmp format in the new location ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings.

It renamed the old .lrtemplate files by prefixing them with "~~", indicating that it had already converted those to the new .xmp format in the new location.

You then copyied those "~~" .lrtemplate files to your new Mac, and LR on your new Mac ignored them, thinking they had already been converted.

To move forward, you should copy the contents of ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings (containing the new-format .xmp files) from your old Mac to your new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was it! I knew I was missing something!!!  My day is ending on a brighter note thanks to you!!! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines