• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with external wsdl file for a cfcomponent (webservice)

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to the post in this forum: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=1&catid=7&threadid=1386433&high...
The problem is that ColdFusion 8.0.1 changes the case for namespaces of custom datatypes. This breaks the implementation of the webservice in other languages that are case sensitive. (like .NET). Because of this error, we cannot update the servers to fix other critical bugs in the 8.0.1 release.

Unable to find a solution ;-(, I'm trying to find a work-around for this problem. I thought I had it; I would save the generated WSDL document generated by Coldfusion 8.0.1 and correct the case manually. Then using the corrected WSDL file as an external WSDL file. The problem is that when I would use the generated WSDL file in the component I get an AXIS error.

It also generates this error when I don't use an external WSDL file, but use a custom namespace to the webservice url. Like: http://mydomain.com/soap/webservice.cfc?wsdl

This is the error I get:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Error attempting to create Java skeleton for CFC web service.; nested exception is:
coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError : null][java.lang.ClassCastException : [Ljava.lang.Object; cannot be cast to java.lang.String]

I've read on forums that this is a mapping problem. I currently do have a mapping, but removing this didn't fix the problem.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to solve this?
Maybe downgrade AXIS?, so the generated WSDL file would be the correct case as with version 8.0.0
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've fixed the problem. I used an absolute path to the wsdl file and it needed a relative path.

But now I still don't know why it's incorrectly casing the namespaces in the WSDL document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem with the case changes in WSDL generation, preventing us from upgrading, too.  Haven't heard a peep from Adobe on it.

- http://forums.adobe.com/message/1053957

Wish I could help more.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had to rebuild our code that called the ColdFusion web service.  We had a few external incoming calls, too, and we ended up dropping one and paying for the vendor to update the others.  It was ugly and took several months because of the external vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation