Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captivate4 leaves countdown on a recorded material

Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm new to Captivate and started using Captivate4 for recording. Before you start recording there is a countdown on the screen and it dissapears when you start recording. For some reason it is on the recorded material for the first couple of seconds although I don't see it while recording....
How to get rid of that?
Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009
Thanks very much, Mark.
That helps a lot.

Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may wish to try duplicating the slide and editing the new slide to see if it removes the artifact.

Other than that, when recording you have a couple of options.

1. You don't see the countdown unless you are also recording audio at the same time. That's not an optimal setup. Many folks choose to add audio later as a separate process. Perhaps consider a change to your workflow for a more professional result.

2. If you choose to continue this workflow, just note that this artifact is likely going to be present and factor it in. Wait until you are certain it's gone before commencing with your recording.

Whatever you choose you should report to Adobe as a bug as it shouldn't be happening.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I reported the bug to Adobe using the link you provided. Thanks for that.
Regarding recording, I am new to that and am trying to record video tutorials and I don't really know how to record sound seperately so I will try to go on. Sometimes the countdown screen doesn't show, sometimes it does.
I'll see how it goes.
Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marer13,

You can record audio after you have captured your screens by choosing Audio >Record and then select one of the following options:

1. This Silde
2. Project
3. From this Slide
4. Without Preview.

Another option would be record the audio in another application such as Adobe SoundBooth CS4 or a free audio recorded such as Audacity and then import the audio by choosing Audio > Import.

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much, Mark.
That helps a lot.

Marek
Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources