Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere: still having problem after update at v.12.1.1

Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I work on Mac, my Premiere pro CC still has problem after the update at v.12.1.1.

I reinstalled the previous version, having copies XML of projects opened with 12.1.1....

I still have problem, it's impossible to work!

Please help, because it's a big issue!

I wrote here 2 weeks ago:

Hi everyone!

I've done the software update at version CC 12.1.1. nearly 3 weeks ago. It was all ok, but 3 days ago started problems: in my projects now almost all the clip (audio+video) result offline. Clips are all at their place, nothing changed.

Trying to reconnect media, i can reconnect only the audio and i lost (irreversibly for the project) any reference to the video in the project. The clip that where audio+video become only audio clip. The message is:  the selected file doesn't contain the multimedia video used by any reference in sequences. These reference to video clip will be eliminated and can't be undo. Continue?

(i've italian version of Pr, i apologize for my translation).

I tried different ways to relink, in copies of the project, to save the original, but without success.

A member of this forum tell me this happens because: byroncortezh "Adobe stopped supporting some QuickTime 7 codecs and surely this is your problem, your videos must be in a video codec of those that are no longer supported. Read the information on this link Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

It's weird because clips are recorded with a Sony alpha7, in mp4 h264

I'm transcoding all the files now (many gb of clips!) in another file h264. I relink the new media to the clip offline, but Premiere crashes every 2 minutes!

If i want to come to the earlier version of Premiere, to open the last projects i've to make an EDL copy or a XML file, right? (i've never tried)

But EDL copies only 1 video track and 2 stereo track! I've timelines with many tracks ... I'm not sure it's the right path...

Please someone can help me to find the faster and less distructive way to solve the problem?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi ed garrison, hi Make My Day

maybe i've found a solution: too many versions probably make the mess, also if you want to came back to an earlier one. So, i unsintalled all Adobe's program i had, then i tried to uninstall also Creative Cloud: it ask me if i want to cancel all or repair, i clicked repair. Then i reinstalled all, at the last version.

It seems to be good.

Somenone suggest me to use also Creative Cloud Tool, to clean the computer from all the applications' files.

Hope this can be helpf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann Bens! If i don't find a solution i'll try this way.

I hope to have also some tips from the Adobe crew, here

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happend to med. It found some files but most where offline. When I tried to link them it didnt work. If I put the files that didnt link to a new folder it worked!

But when you have hundreds of projects and thousands of movie-files this isnt really working in real life.

I downloaded an older version and now it woks as normal again. I dont dare upgrade for a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 13.59.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Lost an entire feature I've been working on for years. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ed garrison, hi Make My Day

maybe i've found a solution: too many versions probably make the mess, also if you want to came back to an earlier one. So, i unsintalled all Adobe's program i had, then i tried to uninstall also Creative Cloud: it ask me if i want to cancel all or repair, i clicked repair. Then i reinstalled all, at the last version.

It seems to be good.

Somenone suggest me to use also Creative Cloud Tool, to clean the computer from all the applications' files.

Hope this can be helpful for you too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall the software but Don't delete your projects, obviously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines