Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with available RAM

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem.

Photoshop is displaying less available memory than the system provides. I have 8GB and it only shows me 3GB available.

I updated Windows and Photoshop this week and I can not say that had anything to do with the problem.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.3 20180323.r.293 2018/03/23: 1163761  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bits 10.0.17133.1

System architecture: Intel Família CPU:6, Modelo:10, Etapa:9 com MMX, número inteiro SSE, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 2

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2893 MHz

Built-in memory: 8048 MB

Free memory: 2 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 3065 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 100 %

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi

Adobe released Photoshop 19.1.5 today which fixes the issue.

Once installed, to allow Photoshop to manage memory - the temporary fix needs to be removed . See this :

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pedromonval,

Sorry that Photoshop is displaying less available memory even though it is allocating 100% of it.

I have couple of questions to better diagnose the issue:

• How much free space do you have on your primary harddrive?
  • The RAM usage and available memory could be reported wrong by system info, Could you please post a screenshot of Task manager in Windows showing the memory used by Photoshop while it is editing/processing an image?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending the images as requested.

Capturar2.PNG

Capturar.PNG

Capturar1.PNG

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay in my response. Could you please take a look at this article High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine  and try out the mentioned solutions? Let us know if that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer's CPU usage is normal, even using Photoshop and Illustrator simultaneously. The really weird thing is this Photoshop memory limit for no apparent reason.

I am almost relating this to the upgrade from Windows 10 to version 1803, which I did still in the Inside Program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final version of Windows 10 1803 17134.5 is installed and the problem has not yet been fixed. I've reinstalled Adobe Cloud App and Photoshop and nothing was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pedromonval,

Were you having this limited Photoshop RAM availability in the previous Photoshop versions?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem!!
Appeared after updating windows to the final version 1803 10.0.17134.1

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.3 20180323.r.293 2018/03/23: 1163761  x64

Number of Launches: 8

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.17134.1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:5, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 2

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2594 MHz

Built-in memory: 8084 MB

Free memory: 2 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 3114 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 71 %....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Same issue here. I've started the trial of Photoshop CC on my Surface Pro 4 (i5, 8GB) 36 hours ago.

Right after Windows updated to 1803 version a few hours ago the available RAM displayed in the performance page of the preferences dropped from more than 6000 to just 3075MB.
This workaround seems to have fixed it:

Invalid Numeric Entry - An integer between 96 and 8 is required (I've set the value to 8000)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me too! I've set 16384 on my 16GB machine and 8196 on my 8GB machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to ClauS​. The Regedit workround solved a problem I was having with PSE 2018 opening multiple images (got the message "Could not complete your request because of an problem parsing the JPEG data" ). Don't get that message now and PSE seems to run faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Adobe released Photoshop 19.1.5 today which fixes the issue.

Once installed, to allow Photoshop to manage memory - the temporary fix needs to be removed . See this :

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines