8 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2010 3:17 PM by Tantra&Mantra RSS

Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions

breez11 Community Member
      Where is the forum for general questions regarding Flash Lite 3.0 and 3.1?Where is the forum for Flash Lite on consumer electronics such as TV's? Is 3.1 dead since you are trying to port Flash 10 to devices? When will scaling of the video object and or maintain aspect ratio be implemented? Do you provide device profiles for television that use Flash Lite?
        • 1. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
          mucatron Community Member
          Hi Breez11,

Right now various manufacturers and chipset vendors are porting FL3.1 "StageCraft" to their platforms. However it is still too early to have a forum for these, all of them are unannounced and some time away.

Flash Lite 3.1 is not dead, we announced an OTA version for millions of smartphones this week. Check it out on Adobe Labs.

Maintaining the aspect ratio of a video for mobile platforms is difficult to integrate due to wildly varying screen sizes. It's important to encode and test video at the right ratio and bitrate for each devices to get the best experience.

Regards,

Mark
          www.flashmobileblog.com
          • 2. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
            breez11 Community Member
            TV's with flash lite 3.1 will be available in the third quarter of this year. Seems that developers need the info now since some of these devices could be shipping with applications.

"Maintaining the aspect ratio of a video for mobile platforms is difficult to integrate due to wildly varying screen sizes."
            If you could maintain aspect ratio or even scale the video object then their is no issue with a plethora of screen formats.

If you are unable to scale a video object when flashlite 3.1 is decoding h.264 or flv video then what is the point. You will not be able to truly navigate web video content. Content publisher will still have to encode specifically for each device making whats available to the flashlite user limited or just not available.
            • 3. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
              selcukx
              i think so @breez11
              • 4. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
                breez11 Community Member
                after running some emulations in device central scaling of the video object dynamically was a success. Maintaining aspect ratio is a 'breez'. Now lets wait to see the performance of a h.264 software decode when ported to a device. Fingers crossed.
                • 5. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
                  CHAOS'|nc. Community Member
                  quote:

Originally posted by: breez11
                  after running some emulations in device central scaling of the video object dynamically was a success. Maintaining aspect ratio is a 'breez'. Now lets wait to see the performance of a h.264 software decode when ported to a device. Fingers crossed.

I think performance wont be hampered if the playback small screen videos are ok during the emulation. :-)
                  • 6. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
                    Agye
                    I agree. If you just play it back in lower resolution it should be fine.
                    • 7. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
                      IBENIA Community Member
                      I have problems with the working of the flash.
                      • 8. Re: Flash Lite 3.0 & 3.1 questions
                        Tantra&Mantra

I too having problems with Flash sometimes it gets me mad.

----------------------------------------

Real Tantra