Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2015 - Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day there,

I've had Lightroom 2015 for some time and last year I decided to go the Creative Cloud route and get both Photoshop and Lightroom CC.

In the 'About Photoshop Lightroom CC' page (2007 - 2017), it lists this version as "2015.12 release" and "Camera Raw 9.12",

When I open the Creative Cloud version (2007 - 2018) the 'About Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC" it lists the release as 7.3.1 and Camera Raw as 10.3.

Am I able to update the 2015 .12 release to 7.3.1 and keep all my photos from the folders in the process?

Can this be done from the Adobe web site updates area?

Thanks

Grant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

When you launch LR Classic CC 7.3.1 for the first time, it should ask you if you want to upgrade your previous catalog. You should allow this. All of the work in your catalog, and all of the photos, are not changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Lightroom​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not uninstall v2015.12? I assume your latest catalog is in v7.3.1 so it will no longer be compatible with the older version.

After uninstalling, re-start your computer, launch creative cloud and go to the apps tab. Then install the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you launch LR Classic CC 7.3.1 for the first time, it should ask you if you want to upgrade your previous catalog. You should allow this. All of the work in your catalog, and all of the photos, are not changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines