• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Freeze during image importation

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, each time I import images I have trouble during importation. It seem it's during previews making because my SD card is ejected. If if kill LR and restart all seem correct but it's very annoying !!!

Sometime I can also see additionnal windows never seen before during the freeze. Here you can find the screenshot.

Screenshot.jpg

Version Lightroom Classic: 7.3.1 [ 1167660 ]

Système d'exploitation : Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version : 10.0.16299

Architecture de l'application : x64

Architecture du système : x64

Nombre de processeurs logiques: 8

Vitesse du processeur : 2,6 Ghz

Mémoire intégrée : 16299,1 Mo

Mémoire réelle disponible pour Lightroom : 16299,1 Mo

Informations relatives au processeur graphique :

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (24.21.13.9731)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Mac user, so I am not sure if this might help or not: Have you tried importing a set of images from a folder on your desktop or finder rather than from the SD card. And if so, does the same thing happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a windows user but it's a good advice, I will try... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem OK but I have to import new images to confirm this workaround. These are already in the LR database and previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest shooting about 5 shots of anything, putting the memory card into a card reader,  drag copying the folder of new images to the desktop. Then removing the card from the card reader. Next Launch LR and try importing to see. You can always delete the images from your catalog and the disk later.  By the way, I always import this way. I know it adds a step, however, having learned LR at version 1 and having talked with two of the Adobe people in charge at the time who said it was safer to not import directly from the card, I have always copied the images to my computer somewhere first, then imported them. The reasoning early on, which still may be true, is that if something were to go wrong on import and or there was a power outage or something, having LR take the photos off the card added a software layer to the process. By copying the files from the card to the computer, you automatically have a back up of the images on the card and then even if there were a problem with LR or the import process, you could always go back and copy them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an import of 60 images with the method you suggested without any trouble. It is "de facto" a workaround of this bug appeared with import optimization of LR 7. Waiting for correction of this bug... Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check whether your SD card can also be accessed via Files section of Import dialog (see below). If yes, then try importing via that option.

Devices uses a completely different import/code pathway to support auto eject etc. So, these won't work if you use 'Files'

import.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have right! Found! Freeze when importing in the "device" way not in the "files" way. Freeze with auto-eject and don't freeze without in the "device" way. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you add your issue to this thread please Lightroom Classic 7.3 Import Problem | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That way it will receive attention for QE team looking after import issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (June 2018 release)

Please update Lightroom to the latest version. See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Here's what new in the 7.4 update release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem. It also seems to occur at the end of the import - i.e. once all the files are brought across (but not necessarily after preview generation has completed). Restarting Lightroom (by forcibly closing it) seems to get me back, but I'm nervous about continually restarting Lightroom in this way and potentially messing up my catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines