• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert text to table option disappeared!

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, the option is no longer showing. Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

The Workspace can be changed in two places: In the Workspace menu on the Application Bar (topmost bar) at the top right. And in Window > Workspace menu. There is no way I could tell you exactly what you did, or what it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of InDesign? Operating system (exactly)? I'm assuming you're meaning the Table > Convert Text to Table option?

I'd start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 and CS4 (yes I know its old but I can't afford the prices Adboe now charge per month!)

How would I restore Indesign preferences? I had a 'thing' a few months ago where my menues diasppeared and I changed something to getthem back, but I cant remember where! I now get some menu items highlighted in purple???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility: Have you used Edit > Menu... to customize your menus, turning on that item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the workspace I changed because of a bug, so that now limits the menu items. At the bottom of the menu it says show all menu items and then it adds the convert to text option back in.

I need to find out how I changed the workspace and what it was before... thanks for trying to help. Least I have a workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Workspace can be changed in two places: In the Workspace menu on the Application Bar (topmost bar) at the top right. And in Window > Workspace menu. There is no way I could tell you exactly what you did, or what it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, found it now. Thanks for your time. Nope no way you could have as I didnt even remember ha ha! Sorted now I have set it to advanced so I have all the menu options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines