• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to upgrade to LR CC 7.4

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to CC and have clicked the link to update LR CC from 7.3 to 7.4... It goes through the updating process, sends me a message that the app has been updated, I open LR and check the version and it's still 7.3.1  What am I doing wrong?  Is anyone else having this issue? Google and the forum have had no answers I can find. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Try re-starting your computer

Launch Creative Cloud and go to the Apps tab

Click the three dots (top right) and choose “Check for App Updates”

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, more information is needed, like your system info. We don't even know if you use Mac or Windows. Is it possible you actually open a Lightroom app copy on a backup disk?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the lack of info. I'm running Mac Sierra 10.12.6 on a stand alone desktop ... No, I am not running an app copy off a backup disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your applications folder to see if there is perhaps more than one copy of Lightroom Classic?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The only other LR I have installed is 5 which is not in use.  When I click the LR icon in the CC update window after the update states the current version has been installed, it opens the 7.3 version that I'm having the issue with. When I click "other versions" in the LR window my options are 7.3, 7.2, 7.1 etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clarification: I do not have multiple versions of LR currently installed, the options mentioned are the ones available to download and install via the cc app manager (not currently on my computer).  When I click the most recently updated LR CC from the application manager, it opens 7.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Finder and go to:

Applications >> Adobe Lightroom Classic CC >> Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Under the app icon the build number should be [1176617] otherwise you are not up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already know I'm not up to date.  That is the entire reason I started this thread. I cannot update for some reason, even though the LR cc app manager says it's been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try re-starting your computer

Launch Creative Cloud and go to the Apps tab

Click the three dots (top right) and choose “Check for App Updates”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Restarting then updating, then restarting and updating again was the answer.  Seems ridiculous, but apparently the restart I did this morning right before I chose to update (the first time) didn't do anything. I restarted my computer, selected the LR CC update in the cc manager, the update was confirmed and when I checked I still had 7.3 ... but then I restarted again, chose the LR CC update in the cc manager again and this time it worked.  I don't know why, but thanks everyone for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

soper360  wrote

clarification: I do not have multiple versions of LR currently installed, the options mentioned are the ones available to download and install via the cc app manager (not currently on my computer).  When I click the most recently updated LR CC from the application manager, it opens 7.3.

I was referring to the ‘Applications’ folder on your hard disk, not anything in the CC App.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines